Options

Two Alde questions

How do you sanitize the Alde?
and
When winterizing, do you put antifreeze in the Alde as well?

The one question is because of this thread - https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/8904/dewinterizing-and-sanitizing - where the pdf states that you remove the antifreeze from the Alde along with the rest of the system. I have never put antifreeze into the Alde, just the rest of the system.

My other question is because I am sanitizing the fresh tank and pipes, but the Alde is shut out of the system (don't want bleach in there). But how do you sanitize the Alde? Or do you?

Thanks
Hopper - 2019 T@B 400
Donald S. Cherry - 2016 Kia Sorento V6 (3.3L)
Where we call home - Our House, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, SOL, Milky Way, Universe
GO FLAMES GO!

Comments

• Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 618
    I don't winterize, nor sanitize the Alde.  I winterize by just leaving the yellow drain valve open.  Hasn't killed me yet.  ;)

Plus, I'm fortunate to have a compressor, so I just do the blow out method to winterize the water system.
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • Options
    SydSyd Member Posts: 47
    Excellent. That answers my questions. I also just leave the yellow drain valves open and things seem to be fine every spring.
    Hopper - 2019 T@B 400
    Donald S. Cherry - 2016 Kia Sorento V6 (3.3L)
    Where we call home - Our House, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, SOL, Milky Way, Universe
    GO FLAMES GO!
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,513
    @Syd - there are some dealers who experience extreme cold and they will add antifreeze to the Alde water tank as a belt and suspenders approach.  In general, it is not necessary as long as you take the time to thoroughly empty the Alde water tank.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio