Options

Info

Comments

• Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 614
    edited June 2023
    If it were me, I would buy a stainless steel hose clamp that's the size of the original cracked nut (see pic below).  Put the nut back on the black elbow, put the hose clamp on it and tighten it so it can't expand any more.  Then tighten the nut back onto the white drain and you're done.  The alternative is what a plumber would do;  cut the black straight pipe behind the elbow, buy a new black elbow and a straight section of pipe, put a black sleeve over the two ends of the black pipe and glue it together with PVC cement.  It will be tough to cut the pipe against that wall.

Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • Options
    Grumpy_GGrumpy_G Member Posts: 450
    Hard to tell from the picture but try to unscrew the ring at the other end of the elbow and remove the elbow. If you're lucky you can slip the ring on that way.
  • Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 614
    I suspect that is glued on, but if it unscrews, that would be preferred.
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • Options
    KK1LKK1L Member Posts: 95
    To expand on @Grumpy_G...is the red circle below a glued joint or is it one of the same "contraptions"? If glued, then "what the plummer would do" is the right answer.

To expand on @Horigan it is not clear if the contraption split so that it is not a solid ring anymore, or if it split and became two rings. If the first, then here is a picture of what is suggested, but done on at the base of a faucet.
    73 es God Bless de KK1L, Ron <><
    2023 T@B 400 Boondock "Running up a T@B"
    Jericho, VT
  • Options
    KK1LKK1L Member Posts: 95
    Oh...and if it cracked because you could not get it to stop leaking and were going for just a little tighter, then it could be you are missing or need a new rubber gasket/washer at the joint.
    73 es God Bless de KK1L, Ron <><
    2023 T@B 400 Boondock "Running up a T@B"
    Jericho, VT