Options

nuCamp's 7-Year Extended Warranty - - An Expensive Proposition

Found this in RVTravel.com's newsletter today (June 10, 2023):

https://www.rvtravel.com/year-rv-extended-warranty-real-rvt-1108b/

Worth a read.  Pretty pricey warranty with key exclusions, so buyer beware.  I never buy extended warranties, primarily because of the loopholes and the odds that I would not likely need it anyway.  Just my personal viewpoint, but I definitely would not buy this one.

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
(Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

Comments

• Options
    Grumpy_GGrumpy_G Member Posts: 453
    $10 says that "This RV extended warranty is administered “in house.”" does not mean it's not some sort of third party insurance. 
  • Options
    qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 471
    Sounds like a great question for uCamp. I agree third party extended warranty products are typically a dealer money maker, but if NuCamp is doing something in house good for them.

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab
  • Options
    KismetKrushKismetKrush Member Posts: 29
    Thanks for this discussion thread @Bayliss, I can confirm that Nucamp is recommending those prices are hypothetically non-negotiable when sold by Nucamp's dealers. So yeah that is $4495 (for my 2022 tab320) that needs to be paid in total for that 7yrs. Tom's Camperland here in AZ (now owned by private equity) won't sell it because it competes with it's RV Complete which it strongly pushes. I was also told that you have to get this within the year of purchase (I am just outside of that) and really use a Nucamp dealer to do repairs (but they may just be saying that because they need to find a way to differentiate it from RV Complete). I do think it would work well if you lived near your Nucamp dealership (that actually likes the warranty) and got only repairs while not on the road and had a good relationship with that dealer. Lastly, you are still on the hook for maintenance (unless you can do it yourself-which I am not that competent) so if you calculate it out....at $642.14/year for the warranty plus maintenance, plus storage fees (if you have those), serious camping cash! Anyway...glad we are talking about it! =)