Options

2016 CS with condensation behind fridge

From a FB owner this morning.  What do CS owners thing could be causing this condensation/or moisture inside the cabin area?

"I have a 2016 tab 320 cs-s. I was stripping my bedding and in the process saw what seems to be new, a damp moldy spot on the wall behind the Norcold refrigerator, just by my bed! I do have the camper plugged in and the fridge is running, so I could run the ceiling fan to pull the heat out. The spot in the wall is the size of a fist and it is cold which indicates it’s either a leak or condensation from the fridge! How in the world do I get behind it to try to fix and stop this issue?"

I know the fridge can come out.  What other steps should this owner take to clean this area?  The concern here is mold, etc.

2017 Outback
Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi

Comments

• Options
    MickerlyMickerly Member Posts: 355
    The compressor is down by the floor. That looks like a spill that worked through from the kitchen. The wood panel is very thin. That part really doesn't matter. Some people have has condensation behind the refrigerator. Taking it out is the only way to figure out the problem.

When you open the refrigerator, there are four white plastic plugs. They cover the mounting screws. There is enough power cord to pull the unit out and set the refrigerator on the hatch door frame. Then unplug and remove. It was not as heavy as I expected.
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"
  • Options
    PintoplumberPintoplumber Member Posts: 168
    I’ve had mine out. Could it be a tear in the insulation on the line going back to the compressor? The positioning of the line seems about right.
    2016 320 CS-S  1954 Ford F100  2017 Chevy suburban