Options

Can a T@B sleep three?

Hi all,
Long-time lurker, but just made an account to post my question. I've been a huge fan of T@B trailers since I first saw one eight or so years ago. In fact, I almost pulled the trigger on a 2008 clamshell (TCS model) a few days ago. The one thing stopping me is whether my daughter (age 5) would be able to sleep in a T@B. Can anyone share stories of sleeping more than two people in their trailer? 

Many thanks!
Space76

Comments

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    It is tight.  I have seen some photos where people have built a bunk bed setup for a young child to use.  I can't look for the photos now, but I will try and find them and direct them your way.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    vanderadovanderado Member Posts: 17
    When our 6 y/o was 5 y/o she fit on the little bench cushion seat inside, (we have outside kitchen). Those days were easy. Now she is 6 y/o and has to share the full bed inside to make 3 people sleeping on the twin bed. It is tight but manageable during rain/heat, etc. Given the choice I have a backup cot that goes next to the fire pit for dad. The T@B does has plusses and minuses like all things.

I won't get one of those outdoor tent attachments. For me the appeal of the T@B was to back into a site and open a beer. Work is for M-F.

With a larger camper your pluses and minuses will change. You just have to fit them to your pain points. The outside kitchen is so important to keep socializing when cooking and spread out the cooking experience, have others help, etc. That isn't important to everyone.
  • Options
    SidhalemmSidhalemm Member Posts: 13
    My wife and I slept in ours with our 15 year old daughter.  There was more than enough room. She had half and we had the other half. 

Bill
    2015 T@B  Yellow Q-Plan
  • Options
    T@BuhuraT@Buhura Member Posts: 97
    edited August 2015
    space76 said:
    Hi all,
    Long-time lurker, but just made an account to post my question. I've been a huge fan of T@B trailers since I first saw one eight or so years ago. In fact, I almost pulled the trigger on a 2008 clamshell (TCS model) a few days ago. The one thing stopping me is whether my daughter (age 5) would be able to sleep in a T@B. Can anyone share stories of sleeping more than two people in their trailer? 

Many thanks!
    Space76
    Yes. We're 5 (9y, 5y, and 11m) and enjoyed a month long T@Bventure to AK and NT. We have the traditional U plan and we slept 4 on the bed (5y and 11m). Note the bed is king size so it's quite spacious except for having walls immediately on its sides which make it seem smaller than it is. Our 9y slept on the floor in a sleeping bag. It was surprisingly comfortable and cozy. The trip was so much fun and the T@B definitely made it possible with the family.

Along the return we also ran into Michigan_Mike and the gang as they headed north through Watson Lake!

2006 Dutchman T@B T16, 2010 Volvo XC90 3.2 R-Design
  • Options
    judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
    edited August 2015
    We have taken 2 trips with our 8y and 5y grands and all sleep in our bed.  Very uncomfortable for me because I thought DH and grands needed more room, I slept on edge, but they all did great!
    No room in the floor as someone would have been stepped on when using potty.
    I would have used our Pahaque screened room;however, the corners do no seal and Mike was concerned a snake might enter.  
    You can see that we are from snake country.  Fear them and dislike them.
    My suggestion is that we would sleep head to toe, toe to head.  Gave extra room.
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

• Options
    wanderingchickof66wanderingchickof66 Member Posts: 18
    My 11yr old nephew and I just spent 4 weeks camping in my T@B CS-S plus the tent.  We stayed just one night several times on the way to South Dakota and on the way home attaching the tent at night and taking it down in the morning. Not a problem. The tent is really easy and fast to put up and take down. When we stayed more than one night in addition to the 6ft cot I was able to put a table and two chairs in the tent as well. My nephew loves to play games so when it became too dark to see we took the games (mostly monopoly) into the tent. He told everyone he had the "downstairs bedroom". We put 7,444 miles on my suv. The T@B is amazing. I think I could live in it!
    Pam - Blandon, PA
    2015 T@B CS-S (Miss Daisy) towed by a 2014 GMC Acadia
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    wanderingchickof66 - Wow, that's quite the trip.
  • Options
    VirgquennieVirgquennie Member Posts: 1
    We just got our T@b and slept two nights inside already. We are a family or five. Me, my husband and our three children (1, 4 and 6 years old). Yes, we have little space but it can be done!