Where do you store your T@B when not in use?

Cat_913Cat_913 Member Posts: 56
I rented a 10X20 boat storage indoor unit, "I say indoor but its more like a boat shed with dirt floor". My problem is getting it into the unit, my backing skills are not the best but as light as it is one could straighten it and even push it in if you had to unless like mine your almost on the end beside a fence and the drive way is grass(wet soggy grass with a lot of dips and mud). I about killed myself this morning getting it in and started to think, 1) I'm to old for this and I am going to seriously hurt myself or 2) perhaps parking outside and covering it is a better option. Any opinions? 

Comments

• vitovito Member Posts: 181
    I'm new to having a T@b, or any trailer, but I plan on leaving it on asphalt outside my garage when not in use. In the winter I will have it winterized at the dealer and then leave it covered with the T@b cover. Despite the cold and the snow here in northern Illinois I don't anticipate any problem with the T@b. I would prefer indoor storage, but the cost is prohibitive. 
    2016 T@b S Maxx
    2011 Subaru Outback
    Rockford, Illinois
  • bgualtieribgualtieri Member Posts: 272
    In PHX east valley area -- we store at a storage facility, but outside on pavement. Back it in close, unhitch and roll it into position. It has been out uncovered in >110 heat and in a few rainstorm/haboob dust storms, without major damage. I plan to get a cover but haven't yet. No water has gotten in, but the dust filtered through cracks and I spent an hour or so wiping her down a few weeks ago.

So.... keep it on pavement, park outside with a cover ... is my recommendation (unless you can afford a big enough paved inside space). Don't hurt your back. Oh -- we have camped mostly weekends, with one week at a state park. I anticipate continuing the weekend thing throughout the year (both of us work full time) because our winters are mild.
    2015 T@b S Max | 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited | was PHX East Valley, now Dallas!
  • kybobkybob Member Posts: 232
    Look into a trailer valet. Google their site. They have a new model coming out next month.
    2018 Outback S, Silver/Black - 2015 Silver Honda Pilot 4WD - Florence, KY

• Deltaboy59Deltaboy59 Member Posts: 315
    In my barn...serves as my man cave when not on the road...

• CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Delta, that looks like a good deal to me :-D

The T@Bpole sits in the driveway next tot he house.  It takes some time and practice to get used to backing it up and into position, my driveway goes up and hill and then makes a slight turn and levels out.  That level spot is where it must be stored, the county says it has to sit behind the face of the house.

A trailer dolly or even the trailer valet may help you in your situation.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • BioGrl408BioGrl408 Member Posts: 5
    My first attempt at backing into my outdoor storage unit was mostly successful. I did have to unhitch and tug my trailer into place. Since I travel (and park) solo, I'm looking into getting the Trailer Valet to help out. Moving it into place was ok, but I don't want to risk injuring my back, or banging the car next to it.
    States Visited Map

2017 T@B 320 S (Honey J@ck)
    2015 Honda Pilot 4WD w/tow package (Vanilla Bean)
    East Bay, Ca
  • rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    Outside, on my asphalt driveway. 

I wish I had a garage or barn big enough for my two vehicles, T@b, tools, bicycles, camping gear, etc.  But, I don't have a garage or barn, nor the funds to build one. 
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    In my tiny 30 X 40 foot backyard. On 2 (4 X 8) plywood sheets, covered when not in use. Directly to the t@b's right side you can see the brick that will become a permanent pad. This is the only plan we have for storage of the trailer.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.