Options

Alde yellow drain valve

2»

Comments

• Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,211
    I don’t think we’re purposely leaving water in the tank. I was under the impression that opening the low point drains was enough to sufficiently empty the Alde. Apparently not. And it’s not like the tank is bone dry even when you use the yellow valves to empty it. So bacteria is growing no matter what. I don’t drink the hot water. 

It’s not that the Alde is bad (I’ve had zero problems with it). I just think it requires an extra layer of maintenance and mindfulness that many other systems don’t require. If you peruse FB user groups and this forum you’ll quickly find that a lot of the questions and confusion are around the Alde, how to use it and how to maintain it. It’s a love/hate relationship.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,432
    edited July 2023
    We have an original TaB400, Jan 2018 build, and have never had an issue with the Alde system.  The glycol has been change per the recommended schedule, and we use the Alde to keep the camper at 50F during the winter, to keep moisture under control.  The Alde system is one of the reasons we bought a TaB, I can not have forced air heating due to allergy issues.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.