Options

Shore versus battery

When shore power is connected to my T@B: My electrical outlets are receiving power and my A/C is running strong and cooling nicely.
After shore power is disconnected and I am running on the battery: My electrical outlets are not receiving power and the A/C is very weak. All of the fuses are good.
I have no idea what is wrong and how to correct this problem.

Comments

• Options
    Red_RoverRed_Rover Member Posts: 18
    One other thing: I installed a new battery a couple of days ago.
  • Options
    Grumpy_GGrumpy_G Member Posts: 453
    Your profile pic shows an older T@b 320. Unless it has been modified with an inverter and additional battery capacity the 120V outlets and the A/C do not work without shore power. 
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Red_Rover your t@b uses 2 types of power, 110/120 V (shore power) and 12 V (battery power). All outlets are 110/120 V. When you are disconnected from shore power, your 110 outlets and appliances are not receiving any power. Your t@b is wired that way. Nothing is wrong with your trailer or its systems. 

320 t@bs have not come with an inverter, but the new lithium pkg may now have an inverter which converts battery power 12 V to shore power 110 V. The t@b 400 have an inverter which when switched on can power one or several outlets. The  appliances such as microwave and A/C are not  wired to run on battery power except for the current model year with the lithium pkg as those appliances are very power hungry and cannot operate without a large enough inverter to change (invert) battery power into shore power and will not sustain those appliances for long periods of time because you simply do not have a large enough long lasting power  source to do so.

Experts more familiar with individual model year variations may be better able to explain what your t@b is wired for or what options you have available.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,670
    The new trailers with the lithium battery installs will be pretty confusing until owners get the real hang of what a lithium setup can do, and what it cannot.  Tell us more about what battery setup you have, and if it has the inverter, etc. 
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    Red_RoverRed_Rover Member Posts: 18
    I have a 2017 320 and thank you so much!! It makes perfect sense 110v versus 12v.