Options

'No Signal' when trying to connect mobile audio system to LED TV

I have a 2017 320 with two Jensen components.  The AWM968 mobile audio system, and the JE1912LED tv monitor.  I am trying to setup watching a DVD.  On the tv:  I press power, then source (which Jensen technical support said I should select AV) and then I get 'No signal'.  When I load and turn on the DVD I hear the audio in the speakers.  So there is a partial connection but no signal from the audio system to the tv monitor.  Jensen technical support said that if I get No Signal then the wiring between the audio system and the tv monitor needs to be looked at.  Which I have no idea how/what to do.  Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,505
    Look at the back of your TV to see if the Jensen head unit (AWM968) is connected to the AV inputs (three round plugs) or if there's an HDMI cable. My 2013 T@B has the AV input wired to the TV, but I'm pretty sure that NuCamp switched to HDMI a couple of years later. If there's something plugged into the HDMI input on your TV, try selecting that input (HDMI) while you have the DVD playing. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    Red_RoverRed_Rover Member Posts: 18
    I found the three round plugs, two of which were not in the designated AV ports.  I they were in the HDMI ports.  I moved the two to the AV ports as recommended by the Jensen technician.  But I still experienced 'No Signal'.  I am wondering if wires are disconnected or in different connection locations behind the mobile audio system.  But that would require unscrewing the system from the wall mount and I am hesitating about doing that.
  • Options
    Red_Rover said:
    I found the three round plugs, two of which were not in the designated AV ports.  I they were in the HDMI ports.  I moved the two to the AV ports as recommended by the Jensen technician.  But I still experienced 'No Signal'.  I am wondering if wires are disconnected or in different connection locations behind the mobile audio system.  But that would require unscrewing the system from the wall mount and I am hesitating about doing that.
    This is really confusing. AV plugs will not fit in an HDMI port. Would it possible for you to take a photo of the back of the TV and the cord (not the power cord) that is feeding the signal from the Jensen head unit to the TV?
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
  • Options
    GregChrisGregChris Member Posts: 189
    you also have to change the monitor to either hdmi or av/input, as well as the jenson.
  • Options
    Two photos from the rear of the monitor.  I am not sure if I supplied here everything that was requested.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    OK. Your T@B AV system was wired with an AV composite cable (not an HDMI cable).
    An AV composite cable has three jacks. There are two audio jacks for right (red) and left (white) stereo sound, and one yellow jack for the video signal. In your setup, assuming that you're playing the audio through the speakers in your T@B and not through the TV, the most important connection to the TV is the yellow video jack.
    Someone has added a right-angle adapter to your yellow (video jack). As a first step, just to rule it out as a source of the problem, I would unplug the video jack, remove the right-angle adapter, and just plug the yellow jack directly into the same yellow video (in) port. From the photo it almost looks like the jack on the cable might not be fully seated into the right-angle adapter so you could also check that. 
    Then try connecting the TV to the head unit again. Load the DVD, get it playing (so you can hear the audio through the speakers), turn on the TV, and select "AV" as the input on the TV using the "source" button on the remote. If your remote isn't working correctly with the TV (you don't see the TV toggling through different source options), there's a "source" button the TV. I think that it's the leftmost button on the bottom of the TV. 
    If you're 100% sure that: 
    1. the yellow video jack is directly plugged into the yellow video (IN) port on the TV and 
    2. you've selected "AV" as the source on the TV
    Then the next step is to move the composite cable jacks to the AV Composite inputs at the bottom of the back of the TV, then try selecting that as the source on the TV. On the TV it should show up as something like "AV 2" or "Composite."
    If that does work you should check the connections at the back of the head unit. It really isn't that difficult to pull out. Just be gentle as you're removing to avoid unplugging any of the cables at the back. Looking at the manual for the AWM968, there is only one video (OUT) port at the back. Be sure that the yellow jack from the AV composite cable is plugged into that jack. I did once have to fix this on my T@B. 

If you don't have copies, here are the Jensen manuals:
    TV
    Head unit

TV  VIDEO INPUT

AV2 INPUT (May be labeled something like "composite")

HEAD UNIT VIDEO OUTPUT

Good luck!
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
  • Options
    Thank you all for your suggestions.  I emailed/texted with a third party technical support service this afternoon.  The tech I emailed with told me to unplug the AC power cord for 2-3 minutes and then reconnect and try.  I unplugged the power cord and waited 3 minutes.  The monitor then connected successfully with the mobile media system after I plugged in the AC power cord. I am now able to watch DVDs.