Options

Running AC, should vents be partially open?

So upfront, this post: https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/17440/managing-humidity-in-the-t-b-400 gave me some hints to controlling humidity in the camper with the AC, and the timing is perfect because there was a heck of a rainstorm a couple hours ago.

My other question on running the AC, though, is should some or all of the windows be in the "vent" position (second lock position) and should the roof vent be partially open?  I'm thinking yes, because the camper is (somewhat) better sealed than a house and if everything is closed up tight, there's not going to be a lot of air movement.
----------------------------------------------------------
Jay and Kat
Tow vehicle:  2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S + tow package
Camper:  2022 T@B 400 Boondock w/Norcold 3-way fridge

Comments

• Options
    qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 471
    It is clearly helpful in cool weather to slightly crack a window and the roof vent depending on rain conditions, as the walls become a cold surface for condensation. In warm weather we still crack the windows and vents to help with any exhalation of CO2 issues when sleeping.

In our driveway camping experiment in TN The camper is in partial shade at lunchtime with temperatures near 90 and humidity in the 80s. No one in camper in a few hours and set temp on AUTO at 78 on the Dometic tstat. Temperature by bed is 72 and humidity 50%… quite comfortable. Unit runs about every 15 minutes for about 5 minutes to maintain humidity and temperature. I think for the humidity issue AUTO is the solution.

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab
  • Options
    BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 271
    If you keep all the windows closed, I think it is like putting your car a/c on recirculate - no fresh air but maximum cooling. If you want to avoid stale air, crack some windows or the fan vent. That would be like setting the car a/c on fresh air. Right now camping in Texas (max daytime temp 108 F), we’re keeping the windows and fan vents closed.
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX