Options

Retrieving item that slipped behind the back bed tray

LauingerLauinger Member Posts: 30
Any idea how best to retrieve a magazine that fell behind the tray that’s behind the bed on a 2020 320S?

Comments

• Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    Remove that back storage unit:
    1. Remove the 7 screws holding it in place.
    2.  Lay on your back, reach above your head & grab the two cross brace pieces of wood inside, then lift it out.  If you're lucky, it will be sitting next to the heating convectors.  Otherwise, it's under the thin plywood piece on which the convectors are mounted.  I haven't had to go beyond that point so far.  I did drop a small object below there once, but it was metal & I got it with a magnetic grabber on an antenna-like extension.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    PS:
    Here's some of my photos taken after removing the rear storage bin/shelf, showing the areas underneath..
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/167199/#Comment_167199
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    DaveAnnaDaveAnna Member Posts: 41
    Here’s my fix to keep that from happening. So far, so good
  • Options
    DaveAnnaDaveAnna Member Posts: 41
    pictures pictures no very good. What I used is a Sheetrock corner that’s like a piece of angle iron. It’s plastic, weighs nothing, I cut to length and it fits perfect in the “slot”. The plastic piece has holes all down both angles so the heater still works great. A dab of silicone might be needed if the slot is a little big. $1.98 at Lowe’s