Options

Window strut lock-knob won't turn all the way

Jay_and_KatJay_and_Kat Member Posts: 215
This just started sometime this past week, the knob to "lock" the front window open on one side won't turn completely.  I can get about an 1/8 of a turn out of it, enough to either hold the window open, or let it closed, but unlike the other knobs on the other windows, it won't make a full 360.  I'm afraid to try to "force" it, either by getting a good grip and turning in the loosen direction or using a pair of pliers, for fear of breaking the assembly.

Other than annoying me by being "different" then the other knobs on the rest of the windows, it is working, but ideally I'd like to have it work "normally."  Any suggestions?  Or should I get out my pliers, get a grip on it, and gently but firmly start turning it, perhaps with my wife holding tightly to the support strut immediately above and below the knob to prevent the strut from getting bent?
----------------------------------------------------------
Jay and Kat
Tow vehicle:  2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S + tow package
Camper:  2022 T@B 400 Boondock w/Norcold 3-way fridge

Comments

• Options
    XenanMeXenanMe Member Posts: 74
    I have the exact oppose situation.  All of my latches turn only 90 degrees except for one that now turns freely 360 degrees.  I was wondering if I should be worried about that and/or how to fix it.
  • Options
    BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 269
    Apply a lubricant to the knob thread and work the knob back and forth with your fingers or a pair of pliers to free it up. I had to do this to a couple of our window knobs and they have worked OK since then.
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX