Options

Let's talk mattresses! Sweet, sweet slumber...

XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
edited October 2014 in Tips & Tricks
This past weekend was great camping... but the bed situation left a little to be desired. 
The bed: The large S (Q) type. 

We have an egg crate we put down over the made bed, but it became clear that we need more support. 

I have a king-sized latex topper (from Brooklyn Bedding) that would probably be awesome, but would take up way more space than I would like. 

I thought about another egg crate, and I am also contemplating restuffing the seat cushions with a significantly denser material. 

I also wonder if an air mattress might not be a good call, as it would take up little space, but provide significant barrier between ourselves and the hardwood underneath the cushions. 

Thoughts, ideas, current practices? 

LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 

Comments

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    After a year we are still working on the bed situation ourselves.  We did get a memory foam topper, and it has improved it for me, but I still like a softer bed while Becky prefers a harder bed (we have a Select Comfort at home).  I think it is one of those things that you just have to try different things until you find something that works for you.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    We tried a semi firm open cell 2in. topper fr BB&B, but it wasn't quite enough. Next we'll try our truck/tent mattresses, ala Thermarest ( thin but firm...and storable)

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Well, I must be in the minority here, as I like the T@B cushions  they way they are.  I just use a 1-1/2 inch foam mattress from BB&B to "bridge" the seams in the cushions.  Works for me.  :D
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)