Options

Am I missing anything?

We are planning to order a 2016 T@B Max S in late September, hoping to get it in early April. The local dealer says they will build it any way I want so I'm putting together a list of what I want. 

Options from the factory:
- Front window
- The metal platform and propane cover used on the Outback
- Neutral upholstery such as that used on the Outback or Tabitha 
- A Maxxair Maxxfan Deluxe with manual opening
- Outside shower option (dog, gear, dishwashing, etc.)

I will also ask the dealer to install a battery cut off switch and a permanent surge protector, and mount the spare tire to the tongue.

Is there ANYTHING else that experienced T@B owners would recommend, either as factory options or as dealer added items? 
John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Extra outlets and vent cover

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I'd also add extra outlets - both AC and DC. The hardest thing is figuring out where you want them without living in the T@B and knowing what your routine will be.
    The standard battery is a group 24, I'd have them install a 27 with the appropriate frame to accommodate the larger battery box. Would give you a little extra breathing room.
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Can anyone tell me how many 110V outlets LG T@Bs come with standard, and where they are located? We do travel with lots of gadgets, but all can be charged from 110V.
  • Options
    2 in the galley, 1 on the rear bench, 1 where the a/c plugs in (a/c plug takes up all of the space), and 2 outside. I would probably ask for 1 regular and one 12v USB combo on the rear shelf.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Lisa33Lisa33 Member Posts: 260
    Remember that 110 will only work on shore power.
    Lisa. 2008 T@DA, previously 2012 6x10 SS. Southeastern PA
  • Options
    Is there a cigarette lighter type outlet anywhere in the T@B? We do already have an inverter.

• Options
    Yes, in the galley.

• Options
    What exactly is a 12v USB combo outlet? Does it have a cigarette lighter type outlet in addition to the USB outlet?

Also, will the USB outlets charge an iPad? iPad requires 5v at 12mw. I know the USB outlet in my Toyota won't charge my iPad. 
  • Options
    Is this the combo outlet? http://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-marine--combination-12v-outlet-and-dual-usb-outlet--15830508 So LG will get one and install it where I want it?
  • Options
    Photomom - no, the T@B combo looks similar but has one cigarette lighter plug and a plug that can take two usb cords.
    My 2015 MaxS has a standard two plug AC (110) outlet and the DC combo over the counter (left side). Also a standard two plug AC and a cigarette lighter plug on the driver's side bench. And finally, two outlets outside on the passenger side.
  • Options
    bgualtieribgualtieri Member Posts: 272
    My 2015 Max S (T@bitha) from May is as PXL describes.
    2015 T@b S Max | 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited | was PHX East Valley, now Dallas!
  • Options
    Thanks much. I have to say the outlets over the sink may not be the best place to recharge expensive gadgets. And the one on the bench may not be accessible when the bed is made up. If I can get a 12v/USB outlet installed on the shelf behind the bed I will. 
  • Options
    I was thinking on the side (or bottom) of the air conditioner cabinet might be a good spot since the cabinet is already wired. If the bench is up, the outlets on the shelf would be hard to get to.
  • Options
    That isn't a bad idea. Perhaps I can put something above the window valance where devices can rest while they're charging. 
  • Options
    Or a device holder meant for a car mounted to the AC box also - Or, just set in the valance shelf.
  • Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    Yes, yes, and yes to all of you.  If i could have one more thing in my 2016 tricked out standard Sofitel (zero compaints), it would be a combo 12v/110 outlet up high, near the AC, just above the valance.
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited August 2015
    Note that most USB outlets have a phantom draw of around 100-150mA or so, even when not being used, due to the electronics needed to convert 12v or 120v to 5v-DC.

A cigarette-lighter-type outlet doesn't draw anything when not in use, so we use 12v USB car-type chargers, and plug them in only when needed.

There are some nice small ones that don't protrude at all, and that put out the higher 2.1A power needed for tablets and smartphones. We also have one that's a double USB charger, with high output on one port.

I've always had good luck with Boxwave:
    <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.boxwave.com/samsung-galaxy-s5-travel-chargers/samsung-galaxy-s5-micro-high-current-car-charger-for-galaxy-s5/bwpdd/gwp-zwpg/">single USB: http://www.boxwave.com/samsung-galaxy-s5-travel-chargers/samsung-galaxy-s5-micro-high-current-car-charger-for-galaxy-s5/bwpdd/gwp-zwpg/</a><br><br><a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.boxwave.com/universal-dual-micro-high-current-car-charger/bwpd/wkv/">double USB: http://www.boxwave.com/universal-dual-micro-high-current-car-charger/bwpd/wkv/</a>

I guess I'm saying you might want to avoid the built-in USB charger outlets, if you plan to boondock at all.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    ChanW said:
    Note that most USB outlets have a phantom draw of around 100-150mA or so, even when not being used, due to the electronics needed to convert 12v or 120v to 5v-DC.

A cigarette-lighter-type outlet doesn't draw anything when not in use, so we use 12v USB car-type chargers, and plug them in only when needed.

I guess I'm saying you might want to avoid the built-in USB charger outlets, if you plan to boondock at all.
    Thanks, Chan.  I didn't realize the USB chargers outlets had a phantom draw.  This changes what I'll install around the A/C unit.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    edited November 2015
    Photomom said:
    What exactly is a 12v USB combo outlet? Does it have a cigarette lighter type outlet in addition to the USB outlet?

Also, will the USB outlets charge an iPad? iPad requires 5v at 12mw. I know the USB outlet in my Toyota won't charge my iPad. 
    I recenty added this gadget that has multiple. USB and 2 12v plugs. Inserted in one of them, in the pictures is a 12v battery meter.  All glowing BLUE to match my BLUE fridge fan switch and jensen.
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.