Options

2004 Dutchmen Tab generator?

Hi, I'm new and own a 2004 Tab. I'm looking for a generator so I can use to power fridge and lights. I don't use the AC whatsoever. Some of the campsites that I stay at do not have electric hookup for me to use for basic energy. Any help is appreciated!
Thank you.

My tab runs on a 12V battery. 

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited July 2023
    If you are only using the 12 VDC systems, and using propane to cool the fridge, you can upgrade to a lithium 12VDC battery, minimum of 100 amp.hrs. and add some portable solar panels to recharge the battery.  If you camp for more than three days at a time, I would get 2 ea 100 amp.hr. lithium batteries (if the 100 amp. battery is not enough), and get two100 watt solar panels to charge them.  This should keep the battery charged enough whilst camping.  I do this with a TaB400, running the fridge off DC as well and have not run out of DC power yet.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    huffalumpyhuffalumpy Member Posts: 2
    Thank you so much Denny! I will look into the 100amp.hr. lithium batteries and solar panels. I appreciate your input. 
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    @huffalumpy, you are welcome.  There are several discussions here about adding lithium batteries to a TaB320. Many take the opportunity to put the battery isnidemthenTaB under the seat bench, to keep,it out of low winter temps.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.