Options

cleaning T@B 400 windows

new2nunew2nu Member Posts: 28
I don't know if this is the best place on the forum for this question, but what's the best material for cleaning the T@B's acrylic windows? I don't want to damage them. 
2023 T@B 400 Boondock, 2022 Toyota 4Runner SR5, various telescopes

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,512
    The nuCamp TaB windows are all acrylic.  Never clean them dry as they will scratch.  Wash them using any mild car wash detergent then clean with a product for acrylics.  See linked thread.

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/185126#Comment_185126
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Thank you very much.
  • Options
    skyoteskyote Member Posts: 29
    Plexus plastic cleaner and polish is unbeatable.  It's around $25 per can, but well worth it.
    2021 T@B 320S Boondock
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
  • Options
    JohninMissouriJohninMissouri Member Posts: 28
      I also wash with copious amounts of soapy water.  Very lightly dry and use the Plexus a couple times a year to protect the plastic.
  • Options
    Rodent77Rodent77 Member Posts: 79
    I use Plexus as well, love the product. I also use a microfiber towel to wipe, dont use paper towels as I hear they are too abrasive on plastics.

2021 T@B320 S - 2013 Ridgeline - Ont. Can

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW! What A RIDE!!”  Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

• Options
    Thanks everyone. I will definitely use Plexus.
  • Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    Does anyone have a good source to purchase Plexus from? Amazon wants $70 for a single spray can! West Marine has it listed for $45, but it's out of stock. And I don't see any large vendors selling it. 
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,011
    I use the Meguiar's products to clean and polish our windows.  The Plastic cleaner (M1708) and the plastic polish (M1008).  It works very well and is way, way, way cheaper than $70. It is generally around $10-12 per bottle. And a bottle goes a very long way.   I usually use it once a year, occasionally twice.  The last time I simply used the polish and did not even have to use the cleaner first.  Apply and wipe off with a micro fiber towel.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 618
    I use Meguiar's also.  I used it with an orbital polisher when I had the trailer covered without protection on the windows to get the micro-scratches out.  Now just with a hand cloth like @bergger.

Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    I asked the dealer on Friday of last week and they said anything specifically designed for plastic, including Meguiar's products, was fine as long as it doesn't contain grit. So, for example, Meguiar's headlight restoration products would not be appropriate, but products that protect headlights from UV would be fine. 
  • Options
    StevenJStevenJ Member Posts: 13
    You can get Plexus online for way less then the 70 can on Amazon.  Skygeeks.com for example.  When I use to do maintenance on general aviation aircraft we used Prist on the windscreens which are also acrylic.  
    2024 T@B 320 CS-S  "Arvey 2"
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport "Lunar Taco"
    Chapel Hill, NC
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip. BTW, I graduated from UNC-CH in 1989 (BA in Astronomy). Was there back in March. Lots of changes.