Options

Cool Cat 2018 ducts not insulated

While examining a moisture issue during a long stay in family driveway I opened the compartment to look at the Cool Cat system.
one problem is that the metal tubes fixed to the unit (that the flex tubes clamp onto) are loose and spin freely, leaking air into the compartment, see photo. I am wondering if I should cut open the plenum and repair this from the inside, probably a flat surface that could more easily be secured with metal tape to hold them and prevent leaks. I dont see any posts that show the inside of the plenum but surely it would be better than trying to tape around the area in the picture.
Another issue is that unlike the pics I see of other units, our flex pipes have no insulation around them, creating enough condensation to drip inside the compartments and likely inside the rest of the areas where the pipes go. Anyone else with 2018 era cool cat experience have advice on this?
Thanks in advance fellow Nu-Campers.

Comments

• Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,199
    Our 2021 is insulated but we had major leaking into the cool cat compartment. So much so that the outside wall where the compartment is was cold. I had a post somewhere on here about my discovery and how I fixed the issue. Mainly it was just tightening the clamps for each duct and wrapping it all in foil tape. Crazy that they didn’t insulate your ducts.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road