Options

Tow Vehicles for T@b 320S

62across62across Member Posts: 1
edited August 2023 in Trailer & Towing
We are shopping for a new car that would be the tow vehicle for our T@b 320S.  Following our research and some test driving, we’ve come down to a decision between the Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport and the Volvo XC90 hybrid.  The Volvo costs considerably more, but we would really like to get into a hybrid, so our decision is a really close call.

I was wondering if anyone on this forum had any experience with either of the car models who could offer insights that would tip the balance.

Comments

• Options
    Flybone89Flybone89 Member Posts: 59
    We have the baby sister to the Volvo XC90 - the Volvo XC60. It is the T5 turbo gas engine and it is rated to tow 3500 pounds - yet it tows our T@B 320 wonderfully! We have towed over 3,000 miles so far - no problems! The T@B is our first trailer yet I feel so confident towing it with the Volvo. No sway at all and the size tracks perfectly with the car - where the car goes the trailer goes. The weight and electronics of the Volvo help a lot too for stability. In fact, Volvo will void your warranty if you install any sway bars or special hitches as the electronics will use the ABS to manage any trailer sway. Works really well. We have the Volvo dealer installed retractable tow hitch, which will also upgrade the software for towing - I highly recommend you get it! Volvo’s are incredible tow vehicles.

I think you will have no problem with the XC90 since it is rated to tow more - 5,000 pounds I believe - and it will have even more horsepower than what we have. We actually have a Volvo EX90 on order as we are going all EV in our house - our other TV is a Tesla Model Y also rated to 3500 pounds. But the hybrid is a nice choice as you get the best of both worlds - electric around town for commuting and convenience of gas when towing. EV range while towing is still an issue but one we are willing to deal with for now.

Good luck with your decision!

Kevin