Options

Seam Strip on Ceiling Separation

DajavuDajavu Member Posts: 2
Hello fellow T@B'rs! New to the discussion board, however, I've been checking here for sometime, for new inspirations and info. And of course I don't know how to get this photo to rotate upright!

We have a 2021 T@B 400 BD and within the past few months (not sure exactly when it occurred) noticing that the seam strip (not sure if this is the proper name for it) has began separating from the cabinet side above the kitchen. It started as a small gap, but it has visibly gotten wider, from when I first noticed it. Has anyone else seen this happen? Any idea what may have caused this? Hope our unit isn't beginning to split open...that would be disastrous! We have an extended warranty, so I plan to make a service call for it, however, not sure if I trust that it can be repaired to satisfaction at our local dealer.

Comments

• Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,009
    Yep it happens on occasion.  The same strip on our 2021 400 has moved in the past, just due to vibration and movement during travel.  Nothing to be worried about.  It is just there to cover the gap in the ceiling panels.  Just get something with good grip on your hands, press hard on the strip and slid it back into place.  Slide it over far enough to get it under the cabinet a bit and it will help keep it in place.  They are very tight and not easy to move but it can be done.  Funny thing is on our 2021 400 it has moved the opposite direction than yours.  Since I last fixed it a few months ago ours has stayed in place. I do not believe you trailer is splitting apart.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,196
    Mine is doing the exact same thing as @bergger I need to slide it back. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    DajavuDajavu Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2023
    OMG!! You guys are AMAZING!! Thanks so much -- I can't wait to give this a try. I actually did try it, but didn't put any muscle into it nor did I have on non-slip gloves; so of course it did not budge. This is why I love this FORUM - so super helpful. =)
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,196
    Just went out and did this after replying to your post. With a little effort I was able to push mine back with my hands.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,009
    Just got back today from T@borado and mine decided to shift a little in the opposite direction.  I'll have to move it back again.  It happens but no big deal.  @Dajavu the gaps you see under the trim piece is also intentional.  That gap allows for the curved ceiling to flex during travel.  If the ceiling panels were tight together they'd probably crack or buckle under the flex.  On a side note T@borado was our first T@b Rally and it was a lot of fun! 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado