Options

TV wall - 2021 320BD

Today’s dilemma…I bought a Renogy 100ah lithium self-heating battery that came bundled with a BT-2 bluetooth module and their new ONE core battery monitor.  I would like to mount the One core above the Alde panel in my 2021 320S BD.  It requires a 55 mm hole to be cut into the panel.  I have searched the group and haven’t been able to find out what exactly is behind and above the Alde panel.  By looking up from below with a mirror, it appears there is plywood behind the Air 8 panel.  I’m just checking to see if anyone has mounted anything here and/or fished wires down to the convertor area.  Thanks!!

2021 T@B 320S Boondock
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit

Comments

• Options
    Yoshi_TABYoshi_TAB Member Posts: 381
    edited August 2023
    Hi, 

Not sure if this will help, but I (2021) fished a wire  from the converter area straight  up to behind the back right corner of the microwave.  To the right of the wheel, you can see a bunch of wires , some go straight up to the microwave (others go forward). I removed the microwave and it was a straight shot.  From that corner ( of the microwave) maybe you can get to your proposed location  if you also remove the AC vent.  
    2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland
  • Options
    skyoteskyote Member Posts: 29
     Yoshi_TAB As a plan B, I could also mount it next to the radio, and route as you suggest.  My preference is above the Alde, but I was hoping someone had opened that area before.  Thanks!
    2021 T@B 320S Boondock
  • Options
    SLJSLJ Member Posts: 451
    edited August 2023
    Remove the TV and the box it's mounted to. It will give you some access to that area. The TV box has plywood behind it but there is some clearance in the wallboard behind the Aldi and Air8 controls. I cut a rectangle hole, ran a cable, and mounted a Renogy monitor directly under the Air8 control in my 2021 320S Boondock.
    If you're mounting it over them you should be clear of any wires but if you mount it under them like I did then there are control wires that drop down behind the wall for the Aldi and Air8 you have to be careful of.
    Your location is pretty high so you might run into some 2x4 framing at the top.

2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York
  • Options
    Maxcamp8Maxcamp8 Member Posts: 213
    edited August 2023
    I mounted my voltage EMS  monitor in the location you propose.  Pulled Alde interface to test wire access first, pulled wire up that far then went ahead and drilled higher up for final wire pull.  This demising wall to bath has plywood on bath side.  The Air8 AC vent is a vertical plenum to left.  Careful not to damage it or the vertical Alde and Air8 cable risers.
    A cable feed to drivers side seat will have to cross the black ABS plumbing riser vent low down.  Tricky to get a fish tape through all this without hanging up on push and pullback.    Used tape on end instead of a steel hook.  Pic is coming up sideways..

Alternatively pull AC outlet bezel and unscrew microwave.  On same bath demising wall Nucamp cut a triangular access panel for wires.  Easy access, have not tested lateral fishing but able to pull various wires within overhead cabinetry.

I installed batteries under passenger bench and found it incumbent to surface mount the battery monitor by entrance door.

2021 T@B 320S Boondock/ 2012 Tacoma 4 cylinder truck / 2023 Tacoma 6 cyl. truck

• Options
    edited September 2023

• Options
    edited September 2023

• Options
     Maxcamp8  Thank you so much!  This will help tremendously!   
    2021 T@B 320S Boondock
  • Options
     Maxcamp8  & Yoshi_TAB  Success!!  Although the A/C plenum runs at an angle, there waw just enough room to cut the 55mm hole.  The wire dropped straight down to the convertor area under the drivers seat.  Thanks for the help!! 

2021 T@B 320S Boondock
  • Options
    Yoshi_TABYoshi_TAB Member Posts: 381
    Hi

Very nice..looks OEM installed.  Can the display be turned off for night time.  Looking for one like that instead of using apps.
    2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Yes it can be turned off with a switch on the side.  Another nice feature is that when paired with the DC Home app, it has a built in level for remotely leveling your trailer.  It also supports Zigbee devises. 

2021 T@B 320S Boondock