Options

Questions on Isabella Sun Canopy Assembly

We purchased an Isabella Sun Canopy from AllPro earlier this summer. (I emailed Elton these questions too, but thought I would ask here as well.) We have a 2021 320S Boondock. The Isabella box says 2007-2015, but I believe it is supposed to work for our model, too. I am unable to snap the black end of the horizontal “rafter” pieces to the long curved rail on the outer awning edge. Questions. Have others had difficulty snapping the black end of the horizontal pieces on the rail? And, should this awning fit despite the model years noted on the box and the awning itself? I checked 3 Facebook groups and this site, and did not see anyone mentioning the difficulty snapping the horizontal piece onto the curved rail.

I was so pleased at how easily the awning threaded into the keder rail, and look forward to using the awning next week! Any other tips for assembly (especially for 1 person, as sometimes I will go one my own) would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    SarahEllenSarahEllen Member Posts: 9
    I spoke with Elton at AllPro this morning. He suggested trying to connect the horizontal bar to the rail before connecting the other end of the bar to the top of the trailer. So I think I’m good to try assembling again later today. Also, the model year label on the box is incorrect and the awning we have should work with our 2021 320s. 

Still very open to hearing tips from Isabella users. 
  • Options
    BandBBandB Member Posts: 33
    @SarahEllen we used our Isabella awning for the first time this summer. It does get easier with practice. We've found that it works best for us to attach the horizontal bar to the curved arc first and then swing it up to attach into those clips/clamps that attach near the keder rail. Instead of pushing that cupped part straight onto the curved arc, feed it on from the edge and rock it onto the arc.
    Once it's pushed onto the arc, swing the rod up towards the keder rail area. Those clampy things, once they're attached to the rope-like part, can pivot out a bit to enable you to slip in the L-shaped hook, then push the clampy thing flush to the trailer's side again. Then push the rod out to length and lock.
    It's not necessary, but we bought the Hercules tensioner from AllPro to help stretch the awning a bit tauter. Just looks nicer to me.
    I hope this makes sense to you! We are very pleased with the awning.