Options

T@B 400 Boondock corner handles, using them to for a hammock?

We're thinking of getting a couple camping hammocks for loafing in outside our camper and we're thinking one possible attachment point, depending on our site, would be the corner handles on the T@B 400 used to wrestle it into position in a garage or such.

But before we do, does anyone know if those handles are solidly attached enough to support, say, a 250lb persons weight, in a hammock, with the other end of the hammock attached to a tree or possibly our tow vehicle?
----------------------------------------------------------
Jay and Kat
Tow vehicle:  2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S + tow package
Camper:  2022 T@B 400 Boondock w/Norcold 3-way fridge

Comments

• Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
    I would be hesitant to try and utilize them to support any static weight. I think they’re plenty robust enough for the occasional tug/pull to get the camper into place but having a constant 250lbs pulling on them would make me nervous. I think if I knew how they were attached I’d feel better about making a definitive judgment call. I do know they’re through-bolted which is good but is it to the aluminum frame? Not sure.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    Jay_and_KatJay_and_Kat Member Posts: 215
    Sounds like our best bet then, will be to either try to get a site with trees well positioned to hang a hammock, or use the Jeep as an anchor point and a tree.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Jay and Kat
    Tow vehicle:  2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S + tow package
    Camper:  2022 T@B 400 Boondock w/Norcold 3-way fridge