Options

What air pressure do you use for the T@b tires?

vitovito Member Posts: 181
I just realized that since I got my new T@b about 8 weeks ago, I have not checked the pressure in the tires since they look and ride fine. I was wondering what the recommended pressure is for the T@b. 
2016 T@b S Maxx
2011 Subaru Outback
Rockford, Illinois

Comments

• Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    vito, if you will do a search for "tire pressure" from the upper right, you will find numerous discussions on this topic.  It is a subject with many various opinions, but this search will let you see what many people consider the "right" pressure for different situations.  I personally run 45 psi in mine.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Thanks for the reminder, I need to check mine.
  • Options
    Spruce1Spruce1 Member Posts: 100
    I run ours at 45psi too.
    2014 T@B-S
    2019 Honda Ridgeline, AWD, V6, 5,000 lbs towing capacity
    Minnesota
  • Options
    Hans111Hans111 Member Posts: 47
    Funny, I was just reading in the Little Guy's owner's manual that they recommend T@B tires be inflated to 35 psi regardless of the recommendation on the tire. Seems pretty low--does anyone here run at 35psi?

Doug
    Des Moines Iowa
    2016 S Max Sofitel
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    I think the manual is outdated, and I'm not sure why they ever recommended 35 psi.  I heard one of the guys doing work on T@Bs at Tearstock say that he had put 45 psi in the tires of a trailer that he had been working on.  I also have read that some on this forum run at 35 psi.  I no longer have the original tires on mine because I ran them at 35 psi for a year after I bought it.  Wore and pitted the tires on the outside, one of the signs of under inflation.  I suppose everyone has good reasons for the pressure at which they run, but since I put new radials on last year, they stay at 45 psi.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    I keep mine at 35, but ours have the 15 inch tires and 3500 lbs gross weight, so 50 pounds and it rides like a rock!
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    The Dutchmen T@Bs recommend 44 PSI on the car tires.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    vitovito Member Posts: 181
    I checked mine today. The dealer was the last one to touch them and both tires were at 42 psi. I'll leave them where they are since I had no issues when towing. 
    2016 T@b S Maxx
    2011 Subaru Outback
    Rockford, Illinois
  • Options
    SgtjohnSgtjohn Member Posts: 238
    I initially used 45 psi and then took a long trip and when I returned home I found that the outside edges of the tires had worn.  In checking I found the I had around 34 psi so it pays to check the air frequently-especially prior to a trip.  I first thought I overloaded the T@B.