Options

NORCOLD REFRIGERATOR Will Not Work On Gas Mode

We have a 2018 Boondock 320 with a three way we switch. When using the gas mode it will not ignite. I have followed all instructions with no success.
It has worked well until our last outing. Gas is full. 
Any suggestions on what might be wrong?

Comments

• Options
    cameroncameron Member Posts: 12
    1. Make sure camper is level.
    2. Turn on gas at the tank slowly. Not all the way. Keep pressure pretty low.
    3. Light the stove first. Make sure it works. Run it for a minute or so.
    4. Now turn on the fridge. Sometimes it won't turn on at first if you've been moving the camper; don't worry, that is normal. Once the camper has sat for a while, it should come on.
    5. It's always possible that something is wrong with the fridge. Unlikely, but possible. I've never worked on a Norcold so I'm not sure what to check. If the problem continues, search the forums here, then search YouTube Reddit etc. for Norcold issues.
  • Options
    source3source3 Member Posts: 142
    edited September 2023
    Did the thermocouple come loose at the gas line connection?  Yellow circle.  If this is loose the fridge won't run on gas.  Image for reference only - the T@b configuration will be different but gives you an idea.

Andrew P. 
    Durango, CO

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    Turn the mode knob to the flame, gas temp knob to medium, no higher, hold that right knob in and punch the igniter knob next to it like a crazy person. It takes a few tries to get the gauge to move towards green, but it should. I have a 2017 320S, same fridge and this is what has worked for me. I have no idea why the temp setting has to be no higher than medium, but it works! Once you get it figured out, it’s a nice feature when you need it! Happy camping!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    ChiprchukChiprchuk Member Posts: 23
    edited September 2023
    I was having problems with mine and was advised to do the following:
    Start up the stove
    Run the Alde on propane.

This will purge any air out of the lines... Then start the Norcold.

It worked for me. I had the tank valve open all the way. The Norcold on High.

Hope this helps. 

Tab 320-S Boondock Edge 2019
    T/V Ford Ranger 2023 4x4