Options

Winterization of 2018 T@b 320S, no water draining from hot water tank

Winterizing T@b 320S, before putting system into bypass, I opened the cold water drain valve and a good bit of water drained out; then opened the hot water drain valve and a small amount of water drained out; then lifted the yellow Alde relief valve lever and nothing came out. I'm pretty sure there would have been water in the hot water tank and, therefore, some water should have drained out when I lifted the Alde relief valve.  So I'm wondering if there's something I'm doing wrong in this process or not understanding?  
2018 T@B 320S

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,682
    The Alde tank is drained by both the cold water low point drain and the Alde yellow valve.  The tank holds, at most, only 2.5 gallons.  If it wasn't completely full when you started, it may have drained completely with just the cold low point drain.
    What I do with my 2017 with the low point drains is get the trailer "nose up".  And, when draining the cold low point, I open the cold water faucet side of the sink.  Then open the hot faucet when draining the hot low point drain.  (This prevents "suction" from keeping the water from escaping.)
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    jalars8jalars8 Member Posts: 35
    Thank you pthomas745.  Your explanation is very helpful.  So much more water did come out when I drained the cold water low point drain than I expected.  I did open the cold water faucet when doing the cold water drain and the hot water faucet when doing the hot water drain.  Did not get the trailer nose up but will remember that for the future.
    2018 T@B 320S