Options

Thermocouple Search for 3 Way Norcold in 2013 T@B Maxx

Twice now back to my original dealer in an attempt to get the 3 way fridge to light (be able to release button and green light stays lit). First time they blew out the exhaust lines and said they cleaned the thermocouple. It seemed to working in their lot, but of course when I went camping a week later it refused to light. Next they replaced a switch. And just called and said nope, that hasn't worked to fix the issue.

They want to replace the thermocouple but after months of trying have not been able to source one.

Does anyone have any suggestions for sourcing a 3 way Norcold fridge thermocouple?

Thanks in advance,
Jill
2013 MAXX T@B towed by a 2015 Volvo S60 5 CYL AWD Sedan
Seattle, WA

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,673
    Which fridge?

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    Grumpy_GGrumpy_G Member Posts: 453
    edited October 2023
    It's likely a Norcold 3163: https://rvfridgeguys.com/norcold-3163-parts/ (formerly The Norcoldguy AFAIK). 
    Having said that, please confirm that it really is the thermocouple (details in the service manual). Mine acted up like this and it was merely a loose connection at the interrupter, fixed in the field :)

Edit: Uh it's listed but not available. Sorry I'm of no help here. 
  • Options
    AldebaranJillAldebaranJill Member Posts: 452
    Yes, Norcold 3163, Thermcouple 617983
    2013 MAXX T@B towed by a 2015 Volvo S60 5 CYL AWD Sedan
    Seattle, WA
  • Options
    Grumpy_GGrumpy_G Member Posts: 453
    As I may be faced with the same dilemma in the future I did some digging. The dealer likely won't do any modifications but if you're handy or know somebody who is here's what I found: 
    The interrupter is the same for the 3163 and some newer models like the N300. It stands to reason that a thermocouple for the N300 is functionally/electrically identical but physically different. It might be possible to adapt the N300 thermocouple so it can be mounted to the 3163 burner box. There are also universal refrigerator thermocouple kits that might be pressed into service. I tried to see if anybody has done this but Google search is such a useless mess nowadays.... :(