Options

Outback with PahaQue Screen Room

Anyone out there have this T@B and tent combination? Our tent had "Outback" stamped on the box. But it doesn't fix correctly at the trailer. Outback is about 4" taller than others but tent is too short for the Outback. I think PahaQue made no alterations and called it good for the Outback. What's  your fit like?

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Call Paha Que. I'm sure they have made a human mistake, and I'm sure they will make it right. They can't do anything for you if they don't know about your problem.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    kybobkybob Member Posts: 232
    I have the Outback axel on mine. The back left corner of my tent room was about 12 inches too short. I talked to Mike at Paha Que, and he had UPS pick it up. I am confident that they will correct the problem. 
    2018 Outback S, Silver/Black - 2015 Silver Honda Pilot 4WD - Florence, KY

• Options
    KeltdubhKeltdubh Member Posts: 54
    Just received our 2nd tent from our dealer for our Outback Model.  It was too short and did not fit properly just like the first one.  I wrote both PahaQue and Little Guy about the issue.  I inquired about whether or not there is a different model tent made specifically for the Outback Edition as is stated on both the PahaQue and Little Guy web sites.  I never did receive a clear yes or no on that question.  However, the rep that I spoke with from PahaQue stated that he believes that Little Guy has raised the Outback Model even higher.  (Maybe, I guess.  Anyone else heard of that?.)  He swears that the tents fit last years Outback models but since the 2016's have come out, they have received a number of calls about the tents not fitting properly.  They are having UPS to pick up the tent and are going to make the adjustments for the tent to fit properly based on the measurements that I have provided to them.  Keeping our fingers crossed.
    Ed & Tea
    Linden, VA
    2016 T@B Q Max Outback Package - 2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Shenandoah Valley T@BBERS
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Unless the have switched axles ir tires, this seems unlikely. Just a thought, had you used anything to level the T@b that would have raised that side?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    jkjenn said:
    Unless the have switched axles ir tires, this seems unlikely. Just a thought, had you used anything to level the T@b that would have raised that side?
    My thoughts exactly, Jenn.  No on the leveling.

Ed & Tea
    Linden, VA
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited February 2016
    Nothing has changed on the Outback trailers according to the factory.   I suspect some type of hiccup in the tent manufacturing process and have been communicating with Jeff Basford, president of Paha Que and am sure he will look into things from his end.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    sabelsabel Member Posts: 283
    We returned our tent to PahaQue requesting they look into the height. Came back with no change.
  • Options
    Nothing has changed on the Outback trailers according to the factory.   I suspect some type of hiccup in the tent manufacturing process and have been communicating with Jeff Basford, president of Paha Que and am sure he will look into things from his end.  
    Thanks Mike, I was pretty certain that there had not been any changes in the trailer by Little Guy.  I know from other posts in the Forum that there seems to be a lot of confusion on whether or not an Outback specific model of the tent even exists.  Some have reported that they have been told that only two models exist...  a Clamshell Model and a Non-clamshell Model despite the website listing an Outback Model.  It would most certainly be helpful to "us" consumers, if we could get clarification of what we are purchasing.  It's one thing to make a purchase knowing that it is not going to fit properly, it's another to believe that it is going to fit and find that it doesn't.  Expectation is everything.

On a positive note...  I was very impressed with PahaQue's quick response.  Within 5 minutes of sending my email on Friday, I had received a response back.  The gentleman that responded spent the better part of an hour with me emailing and discussing the issue with me on the phone.  I did get the feeling that they were very much aware that there was an issue and would make good on a remedy.  

Thanks again.  Let us know what you learn.  It looks as if though Sabel will be as anxious as I to know the story.    
    Ed & Tea
    Linden, VA
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    We don't even have our Tab yet, and my wife is already thinking of getting the awning....
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Put my new awning up this weekend on my Outback - perfect fit! Really, really, happy with the quality, ease of installation and shade provided.  Not sure if I'll ever use the XL visor again.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.