Options

Norcold 12/120 v fridge controller

The temp controller has become almost impossible to turn. Has anyone encountered this, and might there be a fix without replacing the controller ?
Thanks
400 - 2019
St Catharines, ON

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,596
    Hello @RCB

In general the Fridge Thermostat Assembly is not a repairable item, that is one just replaces the assembly.  Of course you could try to open the module and see if whatever is binding the shaft could be fixed
     . . . . expect you will be a trail blazer . . .

The complete assembly is available with internet prices between $30 and $45.
    Assume your rig has the Norcold NR751BB fridge.  Amazon (and others) have the complete assembly.

One Amazon Source

Side Note:
        While you did include your TaB Model and Model Year. nuCamp  made several Fridge changes over
       the years and even within a model-year.  So it is super helpful to include your specific Fridge Brand
       and Model Number when asking for assistance.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    RCBRCB Member Posts: 193
    . I’ve replaced the controller (Norcold part 635832) and it appears to work. Further to my question above: can others with this fridge turn their fridge off with the controller knob. In my case the fridge runs when the controller is set to 0. The original controller would turn the fridge off if turned (almost forcibly) past 0, but that is not possible with the new controller. I might add the numbers on the metal housing of the controller are different than the part number but the same on both the new and old controller.
    How might I install a separate cut off switch considering the dual voltage ?
    Thanks
    PS  My fridge is a Norcold NR 752BB in a 2019 T@B 400
    400 - 2019
    St Catharines, ON
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,596
    Newer model years only have the 12VDC connected. On 2018/2019 Tab 400 model years owners have reported both a 120VAC outlet and 12VDC wiring.

For the 120VAC you could trip the Power Center circuit breaker (it should be labeled).

For the 12VDC 2018/19 model years I don't have information.
    Some rigs have a small Black Toggle Switch mounted on the panel above the Fridge {might only be on the 3-way Fridge installations}.  The switch is not labeled.  When installed 'the switch' controls the 12VDC operation. 

This clip from another thread might help:

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+