Options

Leak, most probably from a split water line

Greetings:  First off, I’ve searched this Forum for the issue I’m dealing with and haven’t found the like. I have a 2014 T@B: not sure the model name, but it doesn’t have a bathroom—a closet instead.  The air conditioner sits below the portal window opposite the entrance.

When I connect the water, water starts dripping outside the trailer from a drain hose on the underside, vertically below the air conditioner compartment.  I suspect a fractured water line from a recent surprise freeze we had during a recent trip through VT… sigh.

Anyway, does anyone have any advice or guidance as to how to get into that area to access the water lines to affect a repair?  I opened the AC vent just to check things out, but nothing obvious.

Thanks in advance for any help.  Txt number: 303.518.2277 (hoping my putting this inhere doesn’t violate protocol).  I can easily send pics if that would be of help.

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,678
    Pictures would be best.  There are other drains under the trailer for the plumbing, which you can access from the area under the driver's side bench.  So, open up that area and have a good look around to see what might be up down there.  The water you are seeing may not be coming exactly from that spot, but flowing from somewhere else.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    BsindahlBsindahl Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for the help.  I’ll check things out and send along some pics.
  • Options
    BsindahlBsindahl Member Posts: 8
    pthomas745:  Your advice was spot on.  I opened the driver's side cabinet--where a shower would be on other models--and behold: the water pump had become dislodged from it's cradle on the wall.  As a result, the supply side of the pump, where the water comes in, had become loose allowing water to spritz (is that a word?) out, creating the problem mentioned above.  I remounted the pump (not easy unless one is a contortionist), tighted the connection, and voila... all better.

Thanks so much for your advice.

Cheers, Bruce