Options

Water pump continuously running

My TAB  has been winterized and is outside under a cover.  It is plugged into an outside outlet.  Everything inside the TAB  is OFF.  I have a dehumidifier running inside the TAB  so I need a live outlet to plug into.

I checked the TAB today and it looks like the water pump is running.    Pump switch on the wall is set to OFF.

Any idea why the water pump is continuously running?  The only way to turn off the pump is to cut the power to the TAB.

Help!!

Comments

• Options
    Maxcamp8Maxcamp8 Member Posts: 213
    edited December 2023
    Is your pump on a pair of three way switches as quite a few recent years models are? If so ON and OFF are meaningless, they flip meaning depending on the opposite switches position just like in a 3way house scenario.
     Second switch is in outside water controls cover.  You could also unplug the wiring harness to the pump.  More simply, pull the appropriate 12v fuse from the Converter Box in the cabin.  
    What year model do you have?  Someone with analogous model may be of more help.

2021 T@B 320S Boondock/ 2012 Tacoma 4 cylinder truck / 2023 Tacoma 6 cyl. truck

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,678
    What year and what model trailer would help.  What maxcamp8 is describing is the Nautilus trailers with a pump switch on the inside of the trailer, and one on the Nautilus panel.
    If the pump is running and not bringing the trailer up to pressure (even if the trailer is empty) you may have forgotten to close a faucet or one of the low point drains.  Don't forget the Alde yellow valves.  The number of Alde yellow valves depends on the model of the trailer.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi