Options

LG Warranty - NOT TRANSFERABLE

PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
We recently had an opportunity to buy a very slightly used 2016 T@B.  I had read on this forum that the warranty was transferable within a year of original purchase but wanted confirmation. I contacted LG directly and was told that "Our policy says that we won't be able to transfer a warranty."

Now, this is certainly LG's right, and I think it is standard in the RV industry, but I just wanted to clear up something I've read here.

I do think this would be a great way to set themselves apart from the rest of the industry, if T@Bs are as well built as they seem to be.
John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Hang on. I'm getting the official answer. I'll post as soon as I get it. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited September 2015
    Per Scott Hubble, CEO of Pleasant Valley Teardrop Trailers, 

"Warranties are NOT transferable - this is primarily due to the "accountability factor".  That said, we are an honorable company and repair things that are latent defects in manufacturing even outside of the warranty period. Additionally, I believe that the warranties an individual receives on 3rd party components are transferable.  Fortunately, 90%+ of all claims stem from components."

So, I have been wrong in saying that the factory warranties are transferrable.  They are not transferrable. 

Verna
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”