Options

2023 NuCamp TAB 400 refrigerator door

Our TAB is just a few months old and the refrig. door is losing its black door outside panel at lower part.   We have tried to snap it back in place but it will not stay.   Has anyone dealt with this problem and, short of returning to the dealer (hours away from us), how to deal with this?

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,665
    edited December 2023
    Can you show us a picture?  Some of the doors have removable panels, and I wonder if this is one.

At this Cruise 65 manual link, there is a discussion of door panels on page 28, Section 4.2.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    MaAndPaMaAndPa Member Posts: 9
    Thank you pthomas for the link to the manual.  Section 4.2 does explain how to remove the fridge door panel.  Apparently the panel is held in place with double sided tape which does not fare well here in the Florida heat!
  • Options
    TabmanicTabmanic Member Posts: 36
    I had this same problem with our 2023 400 a month after we got it, I contacted Isotherm and sent pictures and they determined that the panel was defective, it had a very bad bow to the panel and that causes it to pull away from the door. They sent me a new panel that was flat and it's fine now.
    It will take some time to remove the old panel, clean off old double back tape and replace it, I used a good automotive 3M double back tape just to make sure I didn't have to be this again. You may want to have it done by a dealer somewhere under warranty.
  • Options
    Tabmanic,
    Thank you for this information.   I will do the same thing that you did and hope for the same results.  Glad to hear that we are not alone in this problem.
  • Options
    TabmanicTabmanic Member Posts: 36
    You are welcome.
    The trim pieces pop straight out and remember to put them back in the same place and same way. The 3M double back tape I used was the same thickness as the original was but in the gray automotive 3/4" or 1" wide. Placing the panel on with equal spacing around the edges is key otherwise the trim won't fit back in place.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips, Tabmanic.  I've written to the Isotherm folks along with photos so am waiting for their reply.  I've removed the panel and discovered some "junk" in the middle of the fridge door over which they had placed some of the double sided tape.  It's not sticky so don't know what its purpose was.  Pix attached.