Options

Water Coming out Fresh Water Overflow

Hello all! Trying to Dewinter our brand new 2024 Tab 320 CS-S and have a problem. Drained all antifreeze, have added bleach solution thru siphoning and filled water tank. Now the problem: went to "Dry Camp" mode and turned pump on-pump runs but water comes out overflow under camper only and no pressure to faucets. Switched over to "City Water" setting, connected hose (no pump on) and water also comes out overflow immediately. Seems to be some valve not closing I'd guess? Any advice/thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Arkansas_GaryArkansas_Gary Member Posts: 11
    Pump air locked (not primed).  The alde drain valves open?
  • Options
    drmorellodrmorello Member Posts: 4
    Pretty sure the 2024 doesn't have an alde drain valve...think this was a recent change as instructions for Dewinter starting in 2023? mention Nautilus is P3 version...any way to un-airlock the pump? I do hear it running or at least trying!
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,659
    edited March 10
    @drmorello Look under the trailer and look for the specific spout/drain where the water is coming from.
    Yes, you do have an Alde pressure relief valve/drain valve.
    You find it in the Alde compartment, not part of the Nautilus. 
    In the CSS, the Alde Famous Yellow Flapper Valve is a little farther back in the trailer than in the non-CSS 320's.  So, open up the Alde compartment.  Look toward the back of the trailer and Alde compartment for the Famous Yellow Flapper Valve. It needs to be in the "horizontal position" to be closed.

The confusion here may be with what has always been called the "Alde Bypass Valve".  From almost the first Aldes, the trailers had a physical "bypass" valve or handle that, in conjunction with other plumbing valves, routed liquids away from the Alde hot water tank.
    In the newer P3 Nautilus trailers, the "Bypass" has been replaced by the "Red" handle.  This is the page of the Manual that describes the action each valve performs.  Note the Red Valve description.
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    After much searching around I DID find the yellow valve hidden well under the pump! It was in the open position (which I think is wrong during winter) and closed it so HOPEFULLY tomorrow I will have success...thanks so much for the great advice and I will close the loop tomorrow...

• Options
    edited March 10
    Sometimes, a "winterizer" will leave the Famous Yellow Flapper Valve open as a reminder that the trailer has been winterized.
    Glad you found it.  And, there are many new owners who are surprised by this valve, since all focus on the plumbing systems now are on the Nautilus panel.  Which is good, the Nautilus is pretty convenient.  But, NuCamp or the manuals from NuCamp should go a bit farther in explaining the Famous Yellow Flapper Valve does exist!
    The yellow valve drains part of the Alde hot water tank (the cold water low point drain seems to drain most of it).  The yellow valve is also the "pressure relief valve" for the entire plumbing system.  If you forget to use a water pressure regulator while on city water, the valve will release and open (it will point up like you saw) and relieve the overpressure.  If you look through the Alde manual there is a short description of the valve.
    2017 Outback
  • Options
    Mariner459Mariner459 Member Posts: 146
    edited March 10
    2020 Tab 400 here. Stopped on roadside to use our restroom. When water pump engaged, fresh water was sending a geyser out of the water hookup area onto the ground. It is as if something that ensures proper pump system vacuum is broken. We put a cap on the offending water inlet. Does anyone know this issue, what to replace, part and sourcing, etc? Winterizing drains were closed. Called dealer but they were not helpful. Thanks 
  • Options
    Where exactly was the water coming from?  Sideways from the Nautilus?  Under the trailer? 
    2017 Outback
  • Options
    Closure on the Tab 320 CS-S water: problem was 100% yellow Alde valve being open!! Was able to complete dewinterize process and water flows as it should in "Dry Camp" and "City Water" settings. Thanks again for the guidance for a new owner...
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    edited March 10
    @drmorello we were all newbies at one point. Welcome to the forum and to the t@b family. Happy t@bbing!

And soon, all of these experiences will become great campfire stories.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    StevenJStevenJ Member Posts: 13
    We have a 2024 CS-S also.  It took me a while a couple of times to figure out the entire process.  I used the Youtube videos that nuCamp has done on winterizing/de-winterizing and still needed to make mistakes and learn from them.  The first time I de-winterized, I overfilled the fresh water tank and found out about the overflow and where that is located.
    One thing that might be helpful is if you print out the Nautilus schematics.  I found them on their website and they are informative as to what is actually happening plumbing wise during each of the settings on the P3.  
    We are newbies as well and are learning new things every trip.  It's really fun and less intimidating now. 
    2024 T@B 320 CS-S  "Arvey 2"
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport "Lunar Taco"
    Chapel Hill, NC
  • Options
    TabTimeTabTime Member Posts: 10
    edited March 13
    @pthomas745 Thanks for responding. This model does not have a Nautilus, but the water was roostertailing out of the city water. There is some kind of valve down in the pipe that may have failed when we run water pump. We just don't know how to fix. 

Found this but don't know how to fix it...wanted to see what others had done.

"There is a one way check valve in the city water intake assembly which prevents water from coming out where it is supposed to go in. That valve must have failed or stuck open by debris; the water pump will push water out the city water intake if the check valve doesn't work."
  • Options
    This issue is slightly different. Maybe I should post elsewhere. 
  • Options
    @Tabtime just behind the city water connection before the pump is a "check valve", which apparently a little flap.  I think this is the thread that the sentence you posted comes from.
    Go through that thread and the simple troubleshooting.  Pumps can be repaired easily (well, for some, I suppose!) and there are threads on that, also.

This thread has comments about pumps not working, but on page 2 there are a couple of videos on how the pump works. 

2017 Outback
  • Options