Options

Preventing condensation on interior on high humidity days.

Hi all,
After looking through discussions on the forum I wasn't able to find an answer to my question.  

I have a 2024 T@B 320 CS-S.  I store it in a covered carport.  I keep the roof vent opened about an inch or so and at least one of the windows in the first position for fresh air.  Yesterday. it was rainy and relatively warm (60 degrees) with about 90% humidity.  When I went into the trailer there was a thin layer of condensation on some of the ceiling and walls as well as the microwave door, tv, etc.  It wasn't dripping but was there.  At that point I opened the two remaining windows to the first position as well and ran the fan for a bit.  Today was much lower humidity and the interior is now dry.  My question is in regards to providing ventilation or not when there will be high humidity conditions.  Should I close up the trailer while the atmosphere is this way and then open the vents again afterwards?  I know that I should have the roof vent opened when storing but now I feel unsure about whether it's better to close up the trailer for short periods of time where the humidity is high.  

Thanks for any advice you can give.

2024 T@B 320 CS-S  "Arvey 2"
2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport "Lunar Taco"
Chapel Hill, NC

Comments

• Options
    HammickHammick Member Posts: 70
    Do you have power to the TAB?  If so leaving the AC on will eliminate any condensation.
  • Options
    Flybone89Flybone89 Member Posts: 59
    You can also try leaving in DampRid - I use the DampRid hanging moisture absorbers and leave them in my Tab whenever I put it in storage. In fact I need to run out there this weekend and replace the bag! I don't like leaving anything open since I have to store away from the house and I don't want openings without me being able to monitor it. These hangers seem to work well - they are always filling up with water so something is working!

Kevin
  • Options
    StevenJStevenJ Member Posts: 13
    I am lucky and have a 30amp receptacle in my carport so I can try keeping the AC on.  
    Thanks for the advice on Damp Rid.  I did buy one of the larger containers so I am going to plan on trying closing the T@B up with that inside and see how it goes.  As it gets hotter and more humid I may keep the AC on just enough to air things out.  Thanks for both of your responses!
    Chapel Hill, NC
  • Options
    EasternJLEasternJL Member Posts: 33
    edited March 14
    And not to state the obvious, but you could buy a cheapo dehumidifier and put the drain hose in the shower (leaving your gray tank cracked so it drains).  I just got my 320 and that's my plan for later in the summer (coastal NC) when things start growing in mid-air.  
    2024 Tab320 S - Black Canyon - "C-ThreeTwoO"
    Honda Ridgeline
  • Options
    StevenJStevenJ Member Posts: 13
    EasternJL said:
    And not to state the obvious, but you could buy a cheapo dehumidifier and put the drain hose in the shower (leaving your gray tank cracked so it drains).  I just got my 320 and that's my plan for later in the summer (coastal NC) when things start growing in mid-air.  
    Thanks.  Yes if using DampRid or the Eva-Dry that I bought become overwhelmed this summer I'm definitely going to get a dehumidifier.  Draining into the shower is a great idea.  
    Chapel Hill, NC