Options

Driveway slope: hooking up / unhooking, storage

RetireeBCRetireeBC Member Posts: 63
) Unhooking on a Slope:  I'm considering buying a TAB 400 and would like to keep it on my driveway. I'm concerned that the slope of the driveway may not allow me to unhook; as the trailer will be down the slope of the driveway while the car will be largely on the road before the slope declines. The attached picture shows the slope from the street with the car where the hitch of the trailer would be. I would block the trailer before unhooking to reduce the pull on the ball and to brake the trailer. Can you advise if the slope would not allow me to unhook or hookup for that matter.

2) Does the slope of the driveway present a problem for storage? I would lower the coupler as far as I could to make the trailer as level as possible.

Cheers,

2019 TAB 320s
Vancouver Island

Comments

• Options
    MickerlyMickerly Member Posts: 355
    The ball must be in the front of the coupler socket. If you chock the trailer well, you could let the car move forward a little and everything should work. You might be like our house, I have to enter and leave the drive at an angle to prevent dragging on the edge of the sidewalk.
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"
  • Options
    RetireeBCRetireeBC Member Posts: 63
    Thanks for your comments.  You're right about the driveway.  We currently have a 320s that we are able to keep in the garage.  I have to be very careful when going over the hump.

Cheers
    2019 TAB 320s
    Vancouver Island