Options

Alde phantom power draw 0.11 Amps or 18.4A/week

Maxcamp8Maxcamp8 Member Posts: 213
Has anyone else confirmed a phantom power draw from their Alde?  I have checked all Alde settings.

Chasing phantom power draws visible on battery monitor after a lengthy electrical upgrade.  Previously in dark or rain the BMS read Zero charge or draw (after installing many kill switches).  Now its drawing 0.16 to 0.17amps.  Unacceptable and puzzling.

Isolated DC-DC charger not a culprit.   Switch-isolated 2000w Inverter not a culprit.  Kill Switched lights and recirculation fans not a culprit.  So.....

1. suitcase solar charger MPPT 100/30 found to pull a constant 0.06A with Zero charging and Zero input (no panel attached, or dark.)  Tested extensively.
Setting Charging to OFF from Victron app or pulling inline fuse kills this phantom draw.

2. A bunch of testing and physical wire isolation elicited that the Alde controls are drawing 0.11 amps when off, nothing on, no timers or diplay.  Quite surprising.
Nucamp originally put the Alde on the "Lights" ckt no. 2 on the Wefco.
When I rewired for a PD4135 I kept all fuse assignments on the 7-pin JB used to connect Converter 12v leads to 12v load wires.

To kill off this 0.11A phantom draw I moved the Alde lead to the unused PD4135 ckt no.7 wire*, its own post in the JB, and used a 5A fuse arbitarily since the Light/Alde ckt carries a 7.5A fuse.
At some future date I will fish a Kill Switch wire up the bath wall (yet another one!) .

[*in pic, Brady Label no.6 which was the Wefco circuit no.]

2021 T@B 320S Boondock/ 2012 Tacoma 4 cylinder truck / 2023 Tacoma 6 cyl. truck

Comments

• Options
    Yoshi_TABYoshi_TAB Member Posts: 381
    Hi,

Since the control panel maintains the time and other settings when turned off, could the phantom draw be from a  small amount of battery power still going to panel  when off?  
    2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland
  • Options
    Maxcamp8Maxcamp8 Member Posts: 213
    edited April 14
    Yes.  Tested 12v hot conductor in (top pic, left) and signal cable out to controls with ammeter, both 0.11A.
    Added kill switch this morning.

2021 T@B 320S Boondock/ 2012 Tacoma 4 cylinder truck / 2023 Tacoma 6 cyl. truck