Options

Need to apply protectant to the roof: Let's hear your McGyver ideas

Finally got around to putting some protectant on the TAB.  Used 1st Place Finish exterior renewer that my father in law got hosed on when he bought a new car.  I'd like to get some protectant on the roof.  I'm sure some of your guys have come up with brilliant ideas on how to get it done without collapsing the roof.  The 1st Place Finish is basically a liquid wax so I need to be able to use some elbow grease.  My backup plan is just to apply some spray wax or Aerospace 303 with my washing brush.

Comments

• Options
    Citruscountytab400Citruscountytab400 Member Posts: 10
    Just wax the same way you wax the sides.  I have done mine all the time and just lay over the sides and it has never dented my 400
    Full-time rving since 2006, tab owner since 2022
  • Options
    GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 451
    I was just up there today hand washing.  On a ladder leaning over the sides.
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

• Options
    Basil48192Basil48192 Member Posts: 266
    Agreed.  I use a good paste wax on my 320 3-4 times a year.  I just set a sturdy step ladder on either side of the T@B and lean over.  I'm not very tall but can reach the center from either side without climbing onto the roof.  When reaching toward the center, I always put my weight on the corner trim...not on the aluminum.  I use a thick towel to pad my ribs!  So far...so good.
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,009
    Yep I just hand wash with a micro fiber pad, also use an extension pole with that.  I then use turtle wax ice spray on wax, on the walls and roof.  Easy to apply and looks great.  Reaching  the whole roof is pretty difficult on the 400.  I usually just wash it and wax as much as I can reach.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado