Options

2006 T@B Clamshell - Cylinder for lock system was drilled out, can't find a replacement

lostinaclamshelllostinaclamshell Member Posts: 2
Hi there! I have an ~almost vintage~ 2006 Clamshell. The previous owner had to drill out this cylinder & no longer has it. I have taken it to a locksmith, and they cannot help me. A repair shop was able to contact NuCamp for me said they *might* have a cylinder that would fit, but could not guarantee. I am now working with a local RV company who is helping me try to find a replacement thru some of their contacts. 

Before 2009, t@b parts were made in Germany so I think that's why I'm having a time out here trying to find this.

Does anyone have any secret stash houses for vintage parts? Should I just take the risk with NuCamp & order what they think might possibly work? Or, would you recommend upgrading to a code system if I have to take the entire thing out? Was thinking that wouldn't look good because the handle extension.. I also have everything original in here so I wanted to try to fix this if its possible

Thanks in advance for any pointers!  

Comments