Options

ALDE 3020 Thermal Fuse

My control panel is dead, backlit no normal screen. At first it was totally black, but now just backlit.  Most things I read about that relate to the thermal fuse on the 3010.  But I cannot find anything whether or not the 3020 has a thermal fuse.  There is an item that appears to be a resistor under the one green fuse box, so I don't believe that is the same as the 3020.  I have a new main board coming, and Truma already had me change the control panel which was no help. Any insight would be appreciated. 3020 picture attached. 

Comments

• Options
    RobermcmRobermcm Member Posts: 72
    The 3.15a fuse itself tests okay?

when did this happen (sequence of events?)
    2023 Tab 400
    2015 Audi Q7 TDI
    Northern Ohio

• Options
    JeffFMJeffFM Member Posts: 4
    It happened while we were sleeping.  Both fuses ok (the other is on a small circuit board) all rv breakers and fuses ok.  Power is at the board where it should be to include going through the fuses.
  • Options
    RobermcmRobermcm Member Posts: 72
    edited April 19
    given my recent solid experience with Truma in Elkhart, I’ll suggest you write to their service department. I got an answer in 24 hours to my inquiry. 

Service@trumacorp.com

edit - oh, I read poorly. You’re working with them already. I’d stick with it. Matalyn Prusinski was the tech who helped me. 

How was the power coming to the trailer? Protected? 

2023 Tab 400
    2015 Audi Q7 TDI
    Northern Ohio

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,596
    JeffFM said:
    . . . an item that appears to be a resistor under the one green fuse box
    . . .  have a new main board coming, and Truma already had me change the control panel

Question:

Is the 3020 Control PCB picture you posted your actual units PCB or a web-sourced PCB picture?

Comments:

All web-sourced 3020 Control PCB pictures appear to be the same version as your image.
    These boards (PCB version) do not appear to have a Thermal Fuse component installed/included on the PCB.

On your picture and web-sourced images the Item Under the Green Fuse Holder is a diode.

Sounds like Alde/Truma have been helpful on troubleshooting and parts.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    Robermcm said:
    given my recent solid experience with Truma in Elkhart, I’ll suggest you write to their service department. I got an answer in 24 hours to my inquiry. 

Service@trumacorp.com

edit - oh, I read poorly. You’re working with them already. I’d stick with it. Matalyn Prusinski was the tech who helped me. 

How was the power coming to the trailer? Protected? 

We were hooked up to shore power and yes protected.  I have a new board coming from them, systems have been same as 3010, butit appears there is no thermal fuse on the 3020 board.
  • Options
    JeffFM said:
    . . . an item that appears to be a resistor under the one green fuse box
    . . .  have a new main board coming, and Truma already had me change the control panel

Question:

Is the 3020 Control PCB picture you posted your actual units PCB or a web-sourced PCB picture?

Comments:

All web-sourced 3020 Control PCB pictures appear to be the same version as your image.
    These boards (PCB version) do not appear to have a Thermal Fuse component installed/included on the PCB.

On your picture and web-sourced images the Item Under the Green Fuse Holder is a diode.

Sounds like Alde/Truma have been helpful on troubleshooting and parts.

Yes, I pulled the picture of the web as my board is still installed. Thanks, it appears the new board does not have the thermal fuse.  Truma had me replace the control panel first, did not work.  Then they said I had to take it to a dealer.  Dealers in my area cannot get me in anytime soon, so I found a dealer that would order for me ,but Truma will not warranty it.  I have an appointment for May as a backup if the new board does not fix the problem.