Options

A place for your clothes in a Tab

SgtjohnSgtjohn Member Posts: 238
Where do you keep your clothes & keep them presentable when you need them to wear? We are fixing to take a trip in our Tab MAX S & I'm trying to figure it all out.  Thanks if you have any imput.

Comments

• Options
    bgualtieribgualtieri Member Posts: 272
    Actually in duffles in the tow vehicle! Originally we put them in the compartments in the back under the seats but when the bed is made they are too hard to get to.
    2015 T@b S Max | 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited | was PHX East Valley, now Dallas!
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I use storage cubes and keep them in the back overhead compartments or the rear bench with cubes in a duffle. At bed time I hang the clothes K wore that day on one hook and the next day's clothes on another hook.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I normally use cubes in the back overhead compartments, but this summer I put my t-shirts folded in one compartment, shorts in another, and I used cubes in the third compartment for my unmentionables.  My t-shirts were a bit less wrinkled than when in a cube.  Columbia shorts take no time to straighten out, so they're no problem.

This winter, I'll put the different seasons of clothes in cubes in duffles in the under bed storage, and pull them out when needed.  I'll keep the current season's clothing handy in the back overhead compartments. 

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Like Verna, I often travel with clothing and coats for different seasons, except last year when I just forgot to bring warm clothing to the mountains.

If you saw someone with a towel draped around their shoulders last July at sunrise, that might have been me trying to keep warm. It's a little chilly when the temps are in the 30‘s and you only have short sleeves. Bought a sweatshirt after that. B)

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Hans111Hans111 Member Posts: 47
    Soft packing cubes (medium size from eBags fit nicely) hold a lot rolled, fit the rear cubbies, and flatten as they empty. Two people=two colors. 
    Doug
    Des Moines Iowa
    2016 S Max Sofitel
  • Options
    cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    I roll my clothes up and put them in here.
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I simplified - nothin but jeans/shirts for every day use and I put them in the back cabinets in sets.All I have to do is reach in, grab a set and head for the shower. If I need something dressy, that's in a travel bag in the TV.
  • Options
    I figured out right away that this is camping, small c. I am not in my 36 ft RV anymore. So, simple is best. I have a Sofitel with a clamshell kitchen so I have a well outfitted kitchen :-) but me, not so much. 
    I attached a removable tension shower curtain in the front window area at first but realized it isn't really necessary to have hanging space. I fitted that front bench with hinges under the cushion and flat handles so I can use the cupboards under the bench more like bins/hatches. I have a plastic tub/drawer in each that I can lift out as needed. Everything I need fits in there, except my jackets/coats/boots/shoes. They are in other small bins in my car. If I need to look a little dressier for some reason I have a couple hangers I can put on the shower door to hang out any wrinkles for the next day. 

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    I put plastic drawers in my front closet, and some plastic drawers under the bed (got rid of the table). My sweatshirts, rainsuit gets rolled up on the shelf above the pass through cabinet behind the net. If on the off chance I need work clothes, they are on a hang bar in the truck. Shoes are in a plastic bin outside by the door. I found a unique cloth "cooler" on a frame at Wal-Mart several years ago that serves as my laundry basket and holds my shower bag also. I have a couple of hooks on the outside of the T@B for my towel and heavy coat or wet raingear under the awning.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    SgtjohnSgtjohn Member Posts: 238
    Thank you I really appreciate all of the info. I didn't know about packing cubes & the other ideas was great. Happy travels to all.
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    My DW and I each take one of the rear cupboards over the bed, with the middle one reserved for towels.

Amazing how much fits in there. We roll each piece of clothing, best for wrinkle-less-ness, and most space-efficent.

Any fancy weddin' clothes stay in the TV in a clothes bag.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    Depends on the length of the trip and if I'm solo or hubby is along.  For longer solo trips, I use plastic drawers and sit them on the driver's side bench seat.  When hubby and I are together, we have cloth cubes that ride under the back cabinets in our queen bed model.  We always leave the sofa back in the position.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    I used 2 of the back cabinets and put coats and extra stuff below the rear passenger side seat for my recent trip. Like most things with the T@b, I have learned with clothes, too, less is more.

• Options
    mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    I use the rear shelves for a couple of days worth of clothing.  Store the rest in passenger side benches or toss a small suitcase in car and rotate out clothing (depending on the length of the trip).  
  • Options
    webcrawlerwebcrawler Member Posts: 133
    I learned a long time ago to fold my towels length wise and lay clothes on them and roll it all up and put small bungie cord around the roll.  One day's worth of clothes per towel...

You can toss them in almost any where...

It won't wrinkle (if you roll up neatly) and when you unwind for the day you have a fresh towel....
    Kennesaw, Georgia

2016 Silver/Black T@B M@x S with Scuba Black interior.  2015 Lincoln MKC AWD 2.0L Ecoboost tow vehicle. Tekonsha Prodigy wireless Brake Controller.