Options

How hard is it to sell a TAB 400 with full lithium upgrade

HammickHammick Member Posts: 74
A couple months ago we bought a lightly used '23 TAB 400 with the full lithium upgrade (installed at NuCamp after purchase).  We love it but recently saw a lightly used NuCamp Avia that has us very interested.  Obviously the Avia is a much larger trailer.

Is the lithium upgrade a big selling point on a TAB 400? (I know it was for us)  If we get the AVIA I would put in a Multiplus 3k inverter and lithium batteries eventually.  The Avia has the AIMS 1,200 watt inverter and two Harris AGMs.  Essential I could swap the systems and put the TAB back as it came from the factory before the Lithium upgrade (I would need to buy one Battleborn to do this).  I suspect this would make it much harder to sell though.

I haven't crunched the numbers yet but I figure our TAB would be priced 5k less if I removed the Lithium package and returned it to a stock Boondock.

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts as my wife will kill me If I am unable to sell the TAB without taking a bath on it.

Comments

• Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,012
    In my opinion you'd be better off swapping the systems out.  I don't think you'd get the money trying to sell your 400 with the full lithium setup.  Most people with the 400 don't need or want all that power and would have a hard time paying for it.  That's why not many dealers stock that setup.  I think you'd have an easier time selling your 400 with the AIMs inverter and the two AGMs in it, or ditch the two AGMs and keep one of the lithium batteries in the 400.  Then you just use 3 in the AVIA or buy another one to make it a 4 battery system.  If there is room for that in the AVIA.  I've never seen the battery compartment on one so don't know how large it is.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    EasternJLEasternJL Member Posts: 33
    And of course, it never hurts to put it up for sale for what you want/need for it.  If it doesn't sell, you have your answer.  
    2024 Tab320 S - Black Canyon - "C-ThreeTwoO"
    Honda Ridgeline
  • Options
    edited April 25
    bergger said:
    In my opinion you'd be better off swapping the systems out.  I don't think you'd get the money trying to sell your 400 with the full lithium setup.  Most people with the 400 don't need or want all that power and would have a hard time paying for it.  That's why not many dealers stock that setup.  I think you'd have an easier time selling your 400 with the AIMs inverter and the two AGMs in it, or ditch the two AGMs and keep one of the lithium batteries in the 400.  Then you just use 3 in the AVIA or buy another one to make it a 4 battery system.  If there is room for that in the AVIA.  I've never seen the battery compartment on one so don't know how large it is.  
    Thanks.  I think there is room for the Multiplus and 4 battleborns where the current system is.  Attached is a brief video showing the stock setup.  There are lots of areas elsewhere to put the inverter and batteries if they don't fit.

The only dealer in Missouri that sells TABs has sold more '24 Lithium Boondocks than regular ones.

https://nucamprv.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/44001855704-battery-box-inverter
  • Options
    What do you guys think a lightly used '23 TAB Boondock is worth without the Lithium upgrade?  It has the two additional waterproof and lockable boxes up front that match the center box, a Pahque awning and a power tongue jack (original jack also).  Looks new and the Goodyear Wranglers look new.  It also has a solar port added that goes to a Victron 75/10 in addition to the factory roof panel that goes to a Victron 75/15.  Located in Kansas City with a clear Montana title (no lien).