Options

Dometic Cooktop Parts

I have a 2021 320S and just discovered a small propane leak on my cooktop and thought I should share the experience. 

The cooktop is a Dometic Model #D21-SBW and I assumed it would have been leaking from the supply hose connection (as others on this forum have discovered). 

My leak is at each of the saddle valve connections on the gas supply manifold as shown in the photo below.  There are two saddle connections which direct propane from the manifold pipe to each burner.  When I removed the saddle, I found that both washers were deformed and torn (maybe 'melted'?).

They apprear to be orange, silicon washers which makes sense due to the temperatures they might see.

I've been searching on line...but part suppliers and Dometic don't seem to show that level of detail.  I can find the entire manifold, which is available for around $80....but I hate to remove the entire assembly when two small washers would solve the problem.

I will check local supply houses tomorrow.  In the meantime I sent a detailed email message to Dometic.

I'll let the forum know what I find out.

Comments