Options

Not using my T@B as much as I hoped. Keep or sell?

PNWtabberPNWtabber Member Posts: 492
In 2020 I purchased a secondhand 2018 T@B 320S from the original owners.  I was very excited, I had been looking at T@Bs for a few years and this was just what I wanted -- or thought it was.

Three and a half years later, I find I have not used the trailer as often as I hoped.  Last year, for example, I only used it ONCE.  Two things are getting in the way of getting out and camping.  Number 1 is, turns out that my dog (5 yr old Golden Retriever) hates to ride in the car, and knowing she is miserable really puts a damper on my enjoyment of road trips (we've tried many things, it just isn't working).  Number 2 is, it seems to be very hard these days to be spontaneous about camping.  So many places (State Parks, National Parks, etc.) that I would love to go are booked MONTHS in advance.  It isn't like it was when my kids were little and we would just load up the car and go.  The last time I went ahead and booked a site in advance, I ended up having to cancel and forfeited most of the reservation cost.  I'd really prefer to be comfortable being spontaneous.

I am wondering if I would be better off selling my T@B before it gets any older and loses any more value.  It makes me very sad that I am not using it as much as I expected to.  And it makes me sad seeing it sitting in the driveway unused.  
2018 T@B 320 S Boondock  |  2015.5 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD  |  Seattle, WA, USA
"Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.”― Lovelle Drachman

Comments

• Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,231
    We’re in a similar situation. While we used it several times last year including a week long trip, we have no PTO to use this summer so we’ll be relegated to weekend camping trips locally. 

We’ve owned it three years but we never quite get to use it enough. I see why RV’ing is such a popular option for retired people. Life is just busy and weekends get booked with events that trump camping.

We’ll see how this season goes but I told myself if we don’t use this often enough then it would be best to sell it although that really would break my heart. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road