Options

A real queen matress in our UT

rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 941
edited May 10 in Modifications & Upgrades
For many years we were okay with the OEM cushions and a memory foam topper in SUNT@B (2009 CS).  Not the case with our UT.  The standard cushions didn't fill the bed space very well leaving gaps everywhere and were very unsupportive.  The topper we used for years didn't really fix it.  I gave up on all of it and ordered a good quality "folding queen mattress" and abandoned the original cushions and our topper.  I found a folding 6 inch "hybrid" queen mattress that was exactly the dimensions of our bed space (58x80) on Amazon and grabbed a black Friday deal on it.  It fits great, feels great, and I'm looking forward to a significant improvement in comfort this season,  Not sure if this is of any use to other forum members but we're looking forward to improved nights this season.

Comments

• Options
    duckblind123duckblind123 Member Posts: 62
    Do you have a link for this mattress?  Thanks.

Marc & Janet
    2016 T@B Max S - 2017 Honda Pilot - Winchester,VA

• Options
    edited May 10
    Do you have a link for this mattress?  Thanks.
    This is a "standard queen" mattress.  78" X 58" X 6".  I don't think it will fit any 320s.  Maybe a 400 ?
    The link from this purchase no longer shows queen size.  I searched "folding queen mattress 6 inch"  There were lots of choices.

• Options
    jbajorjbajor Member Posts: 137
    Did you also modify the slatted support underneath and move the Lagun table mount?
    Ultimate Toys Teardrop Camper
    Volvo XC-40
    SF Bay Area, California
  • Options
    edited May 6
    I made significant changes to the bench tops.  I hated the sliding extensions.  They were constantly in the way when open and most importantly, made it impossible it access the storage when the bed was made (always in our case).
    I removed the legs and hinges and screwed the slat sections so they could no longer extend.  Now they are lift off tops.  Then I added supports for a piece of plywood to fill the middle.  I also added lift handles to the tops like the other removable panels (not installed yet in this picture - see above). Now I can lift from the ends or sides to get in the space just by lifting the mattress a bit.
    Also very important, Bella really likes the improved space in her room underneath.
    I may detail this mod in another post in the future as it applies to many T@B 320s.

• Options
    jbajorjbajor Member Posts: 137
    Beautiful job!
    Ultimate Toys Teardrop Camper
    Volvo XC-40
    SF Bay Area, California
  • Options
    Brian56Brian56 Member Posts: 14
    WE bought two of these and they work great for us. Unfortunately it looks like they are no longer available at REI. We keep them in the trailer when stowed or towing, and put them in the SUV during the day.

https://www.rei.com/product/213449/alps-mountaineering-outback-mat-l?redirect-pup=false
    Ultimate Toys Teardrop
    Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Dallas, TX Area