What is that vent on the 2022 tab 400’s?

RobermcmRobermcm Member Posts: 88
I park my 2023 tab 400 at a u-store-it and saw another tab 400, apparently a 2022.  It has a vent behind the storage door on the passenger side. What is that for?  I could use a little more ventilation under the bed area on warmer days. Thinking this might be that?

2023 Tab 400
2015 Audi Q7 TDI
Northern Ohio

Comments

• Jay_and_KatJay_and_Kat Member Posts: 241
    I believe that's part of the ventilation for the Alde hot water / heater.  If you look in the storage cubby, it lines up with a black pipe that then runs through the sidewall of the cubby under the bed.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Jay and Kat
    Tow vehicle:  2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S + tow package
    Camper:  2022 T@B 400 Boondock w/Norcold 3-way fridge
  • RobermcmRobermcm Member Posts: 88
    Alde propane heater vent?  That’s out by the nautilus door on my 2023. Or an under bed passive vent of the cabinet space? Maybe related to vented batteries?
    2023 Tab 400
    2015 Audi Q7 TDI
    Northern Ohio

• berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,078
    It’s a vent for the battery compartment. The older trailers did not have lithium so they required a vent. They may have gotten rid of it when they switched to lithium batteries.  Usually they keep them just in case a future owner puts in a lead acid battery for some odd reason. I’ll have to check on my 2021 but there may also be a vent underneath the trailer that may still be on the new ones? 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado