Options

Little Giant Steps for your Tab 320

EasternJLEasternJL Member Posts: 43
edited May 17 in Products and Accessories
I posted some questions a few months ago about what folks were using for steps into their 320s--- as an alternative to the single step on the camper.  Others may use these already, but I thought I'd share what I ended up with.  Aside from being just a touch narrow (compared to the built-in step), the Little Giant Safety Step step ladder is a perfect fit for giving you two steps up to your 320 (not sure about the 400).  And, as opposed to having a uni-tasker for steps, these also work great for stepping up on your truck-- or to reach things higher up on your camper.  There's a back rail that flips up for leaning when you need it-- and it folds down nicely when used as steps.  I thought I might have to remove that rail for it to fit close enough (because of the 320's step), but it works great as is.  They are a little pricey, but worth it. 

2024 Tab320 S - Black Canyon - "Bean"
Honda Ridgeline

Comments

• Options
    ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 430
    Nice! When we got our tab in 2019, we bought a medical step but it is a single step and it’s still working fine but this looks very nice and stable. Do you have a Boondock or original? I will need to check the height because we are Boondock.
    2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    Custom Colors & Custom Interior
    We've slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.

• Options
    This is what we have.21 bucks. it folds up into the net on our door

• Options
    Hey @ColleenD2--- we have a boondock model and the step heights are just right.  Not sure how it would match up for the non-boondock folks. 

My knees definitely prefer two steps instead of one!  We added a little step in front of the stock step originally, but it was still somewhat of a big gap up to the camper (from the stock step up to the threshold).  And as I mentioned above, having a little step ladder available is handy for other purposes as well.   
    Honda Ridgeline
  • Options
    SubaruLouSubaruLou Member Posts: 121
    That's really nice! The step on my T@B lost a screw on my last long trip and I bought an inexpensive, folding plastic step at Costco. If the ground is uneven, the little folding support collapses.  :s This looks way nicer than just fixing my step for stability and getting up and down with my hands full. Thank you for sharing!
    2019 T@B 320 S  |  2019 Subaru Ascent
  • Options
    Ordered! Thanks so much for this.

• Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 427
    I suppose you could remove the factory installed step and bracket to have close to zero weight penalty for the Little Giant.
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    @Slackers That's true, though I do like the option to use the factory step if I'm using the Lil Giant elsewhere (or at home, etc.).  I keep the LG steps in my truck for travel, so I don't have to worry too much about the weight (and my total weight is usually well under).  
    Honda Ridgeline