Options

tire pressure

clkellerclkeller Member Posts: 46
It says to have your tires at 44 psi max .I have mine at 40.5 was wondering if it should be right at 44 .l was told this was fine at 40.5

Comments

• Options
    clkeller said:
    It says to have your tires at 44 psi max .I have mine at 40.5 was wondering if it should be right at 44 .l was told this was fine at 40.5
    What is "It" ?  The T@B manual says 35 psi, the max pressure rating on my tires is 50 psi. I set mine at 40 psi because I carry quite a bit of weight and I like fuel economy. Nine months and 9,000 miles later, they're holding 39 psi so I'm leaving them alone  :D
  • Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    I'm a 40 psi guy as well, in both T@b and tow vehicle.b
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    Ed K says 35-38 psi...

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Label on the side of the T@B says 50 psi, but the keep it at about 42-45 in order to leave room for expansion in hot weather. I know the older Dutchman T@B's were lower. I don't know about the new tires.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    edited May 2014
    Many trailers use the side wall flexing as part of the overall suspension. The give in the side wall softens the harshness of road bumps along with the rubber torsion component in the axle. They work in unison. Running the higher pressures will cause the trailer to bounce and react more to pot holes etc. I'm not so worried about contents being displaced as much as I am about structural stresses and fasteners coming loose as a result. Also, there is probably a wide variety of tires installed on our T@Bs and each design and brand has specific characteristics relative to pressures and side wall flexing so it's difficult to make generalized recommendations.

From the Factory Manual