air8 remote??

i just installed a media reader for my TV in my 2024 t@b 320s since I do not want to lug around DVD case or bring a blu-ray player. it reads sd cards & USB drives. mp4, m4v, avi, MPEG all work!! however. . . .i noticed using the included remote when I was changing movies, it was also changing the temp & fan from the air8 system. . . .wth? is there a remote I am not aware of that was supposed to be included or does this ac system work of an IR remote? there is a lil black, what looks like an IR receiver) on the bottom of the display. i just thought it was weird & if anyone else noticed
2024 t@b 320, subaru outback 2017 limited, full-time photographer

Comments

• Yoshi_TABYoshi_TAB Member Posts: 415
    Hi,

A while ago,  I asked Elwell about a remote when I also noticed the remote receiver and the manual also has a blurb about it..this is how they answered.  Seems like selling point, although small, 

Unfortunately at this time, we do not provide any remotes for the Air8. Based on our forecast, I don't foresee us providing a remote in the near future.  

I apologize for the inconvenience!

Thank you,

Josh Elwell

Elwell Service Department

680 S. 28th St Suite C

Washougal, WA 98671

2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland
  • jamesdn1948jamesdn1948 Member Posts: 12
    I have the same problem with the remote for my Micca Speck digital media player changing the Air8 settings. I haven't tried to disable the IR receiver in the Air8 control panel yet but it will be a future project.

Jim
    2023 Tab 320S