Norcold 3-way colling on shore power, but not level

BLUF:  Does the camper being unlevel front-to-back impact the cooling of the Norcold?

Long version:
OK, so getting set to go on a camping trip next week and prepping the '22 T@B 400 Boondock.  Plugged it into AC in my house, set the Norcold to use shore power and max cooling, then tossed in a couple 4lb yeti ice blocks in the fridge and a pair of 1lb yetis in the freezer.  We've got a remote temp sensor in both part of the fridge that I've been keeping an eye on as I loaded other things.

Well, the blasted thing did NOT want to get to the level of cold I'm comfortable with.  The freezer was holding at 32.x F all day, the fridge at around 48 F.  Now, I did not level the camper, it was still at the angle it was when I unhitched my TV so I could close my garage.

Finally a little while ago I cranked the front end down, not to completely level, but certainly closer to it, tossed in fresh Yeti blocks, and put in a little Camco fan to at least a little bit move air around.

That was about an hour ago.  I just went out to the camper to toss in a 3rd Yeti block and a couple more ice packs in the freezer and...
The temp monitor is now showing ~14F for the freezer and 38F for the fridge.
Tell me it just needed to be closer to level, please...
----------------------------------------------------------
Jay and Kat
Tow vehicle:  2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S + tow package
Camper:  2022 T@B 400 Boondock w/Norcold 3-way fridge

Comments

• Grumpy_GGrumpy_G Member Posts: 522
    Yes, RV absorption fridges should be close to level to operate best. The cooling unit has a condenser on the top which is at an angle to funnel the liquid refrigerant back to the boiler. In most RV installations the critical level is front/back, left/right is less important. It depends how the cooling unit is oriented.
  • pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,911
    The limits are 3 degrees side to side, and 6 degrees front to back.  So, there is some leeway,but level as possible is still the best.
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,695
    pthomas745 said:
    . . . limits are 3 degrees side to side, and 6 degrees front to back
    The Fridge Model N180 states the opposite of pthomas745 numbers:

Reference:
    On a 360S the N180 side-to-side would be wheel-to-wheel, on 400's it would be tongue-to-axle

This simple example shows on the 360S the Fridge would operate well beyond what the humans would consider a comfortable amount of off-level . . . as the Tongue Coupler would be 3-inches off-level . . .

You can do a calculation for your 400 and its Fridge location.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  54   Nights:  341  Towing Miles 43,780