Options

Just no air conditioning solution the isn't noisy

I squandered another few hours reading all about Generator soundproofing and running the A/C in the T@B 400, there is just no good fix. At a place like AMA Vintage Days at Mid-Ohio the noise will be a non-issue in a huge non-stop 2 and 4 stroke moto-woodstock, just run the genny. (the WEN 2350w I picked up does run the cool cat)
I tested it today and got the trailer pretty cool, but it heats up again pretty quick after shut down.
Watched a bunch of vids on soundproofing that showed limited results at best.
It will be nice to have the genny for power outages at home and such, but I cant see running it much when camping unless I used it to power the lithium 10amp charger clamped to the battery, but jeez if we are that low on DC volts it would still take a long long time to raise the SOC.
Confirms what I kinda knew, keep up as long as you can with solar suitcase and enjoy the heat. Or camp with hookups.

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,639
    Aubrey said:
    . . . . Or camp with hookups.

Yep, running a generator is a major love - hate situation.
    In the hot months I seek out electrical hook-up sites.
    The few times I've used a generator were at boondocking sites so no neighbors to disturb.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  52   Nights:  329  Towing Miles 41,900+
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,270
    I only try to use the generator at boondock sites where we’re spread out. I know the more powerful inverter generators won’t be as loud as the smaller ones (I have a Westinghouse 2400) under load.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 438
    I've slept in a tent for a Mid-Ohio Indycar weekend or two-many years prior to owning a Tab. Yes, late to bed, early to rise whether you wanted to or not.
    On a just completed cross country trip with only one night of shore-power, a small well-aimed USB fan made a difference. 
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH